GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Warning Lights!

Default Random Warning Lights!

Happen to anyone else? Should I be concerned or am I just paranoidWhile I was driving (finally driving my car, probably registered and fully functioning, just ONE bulb to change before perfection) down a highway at around 50 one of the warning lights flashes at me, just for a moment. Not even sure which one, it was night so it stuck out. Just freaked me out last time a light came on my car was dead within 30 seconds! I think it might have been the light with an exclamation point, or maybe srs? On that side of the cluster..

which side?
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Son
    which side?
    Right side of the cluster. My car has the canadian symbols for the warning lights, exclamation point I thought was SRS but my car doesn't have SRS and that doesn't make sense. Its to the left of ABS. Still not sure which light though, for all I know it could've been park brake (it was red). def not check engine though

check engines on the other side....brake pads maybe?
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Son
    check engines on the other side....brake pads maybe?
    Don't think theres a separate warning light, I've had the brake linings message on for ages... brake pads don't take the sensors

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana19
    Don't think theres a separate warning light, I've had the brake linings message on for ages... brake pads don't take the sensors
    brake fluid low

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrp8
    brake fluid low
    Yes, but with that one you also get the "brake fluid low" warning to go along with the warning light.

Quote Originally Posted by Torque
    Yes, but with that one you also get the "brake fluid low" warning to go along with the warning light.
    Hmm well the brake fluid is at the maximum level which I confirmed, it should be because when I took the car in for inspection the only thing that needed repair was a twisted brake hose so they bled/filled the system. I have BRAKE LININGS on all the time while driving so I must be missing some messages. hmm any other possibilities? it was only on for a couple seconds if not less, it was just odd. What exactly does the (!) light mean?

Hmm well the brake fluid is at the maximum level which I confirmed, it should be because when I took the car in for inspection the only thing that needed repair was a twisted brake hose so they bled/filled the system. I have BRAKE LININGS on all the time while driving so I must be missing some messages. hmm any other possibilities? it was only on for a couple seconds if not less, it was just odd. What exactly does the (!) light mean?
    check your messages, had that light once (!) red beside park brake and ABS. and like what torque said it should be accompanied by brake fluid low in CC. if you fluid is high check the floater might be stuck

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

You should get that brake linings warning fixed (Brake pad sensor?). You don't want to burn that LCD out.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast