GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Identifying Headlight Brand

Default Identifying Headlight Brand

I have decided that I am about ready to put new headlights in my car since my current ones are pitted and quite ugly. I would prefer the euro smileys but dont want to get a cheap set that wont last. I am looking at this auction but seeing as that set of lights are so cheap I am wondering if those are made by Depo or some other 3rd party. Obviously the best way to find out in this case is to cantact the seller and ask, which I have, but is there another way to identify them if the brand isnt specified?

Thanks,
    -Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    I have decided that I am about ready to put new headlights in my car since my current ones are pitted and quite ugly. I would prefer the euro smileys but dont want to get a cheap set that wont last. I am looking at this auction but seeing as that set of lights are so cheap I am wondering if those are made by Depo or some other 3rd party. Obviously the best way to find out in this case is to cantact the seller and ask, which I have, but is there another way to identify them if the brand isnt specified?

Thanks,
    -Patrick
    Bosch or Hella mark their glass so it cant be ripped off...

These look a bit like clones.

Thanks. Seems like just about 95% of the ones you can find aren't OE. Oh well, the search continues.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    Thanks. Seems like just about 95% of the ones you can find aren't OE. Oh well, the search continues.
    http://abrahamsmotorsport.com/e34.htm

Abraham Motorsport is importing them from this company in Denmark. Order directly and they are much cheaper
    http://www.schmiedmann.com/index2.htm

The originals are great (my neighbors 530 just got new oem headlights, at dealer price i might add..) but I have DEPO headlights installed and you really can't tell the difference. No problems with the quality and included all cables needed including city light socket, except for the bulbs of course.

Well I must say, $130-$150 for a full set of lights for a 14 year old car sounds much more reasonable than $400+ for originals. An original set would be great but justifying that kind of expense for a car that will last who knows how long isnt a great idea imo, though others would disagree. If DEPO aren't that bad I may consider a set, they certainly sell for a reasonable price. Thanks for everyones input. BTW Shogun, that site you referenced looks like it has some pretty nice stuff, I'll hold on to that link. Do they ship to the US?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana19
    The originals are great (my neighbors 530 just got new oem headlights, at dealer price i might add..) but I have DEPO headlights installed and you really can't tell the difference. No problems with the quality and included all cables needed including city light socket, except for the bulbs of course.

Do they ship to the US?
    They ship to Japan as they have no dealer here.
    But in USA they have Abrhams. So I am not sure if they might refuse and just tell you to buy from A.

They have sales offices all over Northern Europe like Sweden, Denmark, Norway and an office in Germany.
    Just select the country flag.
    Yes, they have some nice stuff, which you cannot get from the dealer, and pretty cheap too.
    Have you seen the black Hella Headlights they have on offer?

Definately Hella. I replaced Highs, Lows and Fogs recently thru Bavarian Auto. I t wasn't cheap, but it was well worth it. I wish Abraham Motorsport had the E34 deal back then.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

those are clones from redcometm3
    You can find good condition complete Originals on ebay with pigtails etc usually for around $200 bucks. I did this and when I got the eventual rock, bought two new lowbeam housing/lens assemblies from BMW Germany via BMWNA and simply swapped the old projectors into them.
    Also there are some sellers on bimmerforums e34 group for real hellas (plastic construction) and real bosch (all metal construction) as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast