GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Some new e34 Touring pics

Default Some new e34 Touring pics

Just a few new photos, been daily driving my touring for about a month. 4k+ miles on it, still sorting out minor issues but modding as always (as I cant leave anything alone). Have a few tricks up my sleeve, but here's some photos. The touring has been my track whore for the end of this year while I'm finishing up the new setup for the 951 track car (widebody, new engine with DOHC's and a bunch of other tricks).

Had to replace the diff (can do them in under half an hour :embarrasm) 4.10LSD in there now thanks to Lowell, had 3.64's have a 3.46 and a 3.23(?) kicking around now also, and another 4.10 somewhere..... Also put the dinan chip in *wooooo* rolls eyes at lack of FI....

Full black manual vaders in, stole the sparco wheel from the pcar in the meantime just to get rid of the horrible stock wheel that was in there. I'd like to get the e39 M5 Alcantara one but dont want to spring the coin for it right now.

Out on track, was giving a few people rides that day.

Other fun

Dont worry those are stills from a video which I'm supposedly getting "soon". Car could use about another 100whp for me to be really happy with it. Still have a long list of things to attend to, HID fogs, power steering pump, recarpet, headliner, door panels.... center tie rod, AC, Stereo, etc. Stereo and tint are going on next week, havent 100% decided if I'm going to shadow-line the window trim yet or not, we'll see. Anyway, that's all for now. I'll try and shoot some video soon.

I want those seats
    -Mike

I want those seats
    + 1, are they e34 seats?

Great pics, don't have the balls to take mine on a track yet, I couldn't afford to go without my car at the moment if anything blew up.

What is it anyway? 540i?
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Mike how did the seats fit? Difficult to fit or not bad? What sort of bracketry is needed? Also, the sparco wheel swapped on or did you need to get a new hub thinger for it? Pretty cool. I love E34 burns outs!

The seats are e36 M3 Vaders, full manual, black on black. The rear holes will line up but you have to cut away the hooks for stock e34 seats, as I hate e34 seats that doesnt bother me. I then mounted them like we do seats and harnesses in the track cars with a welded plate on the floor drilled with a 3" washer through the floor. Good enough for SCCA/PCA race tech, good enough for me. Rubberized undercoating was sprayed too as to prevent rust. Sparco wheels come unsplined, with a standard 6 bolt pattern you then have to buy the correct hub (e36 in the case of a later e34) to fit the spline on the column. I also have mine spaced slightly further out to suit my ideal seating position when out on the track (used my snap off ring from the Porsche).

It's a 1992 525iT, the photos are from when it had a 3.64LSD, it has a 4.10LSD now. It'll be at NHIS, Watkins Glen and possibly Mid Ohio next month. I'm also taking it out to Illinois to pick up two M3's and down to Philly for a trip in a couple weeks so be on the look out. Should be tinted this week, think I'm going 20% all around and 5-10% on the windshield.

Anybody with two 951`s is either nuts, insane, in need of therapy or likes changing cam/balancer belts! Nice shots tho.

All of the above? Well minus the enjoying doing the belts. I'm actually going to sell one of them, going down to just 2 cars for awhile (Currently have 3 toys, a parts car, and a jeep, oops!)