GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I lost my only key!!!

Default I lost my only key!!!

So, as the title says, i lost my only key somewhere in my house/yard/garage. I gave up searching after about 10 hours and now i'm thinking about what options i have. The good part is that i have a full set of locks ,with 2 keys from a parts car. I could not find any info on removing the whole lock casing, and i can't just swap the lock cylinders because sthe steering is locked and i don't have a key. I'm thinking bout removing the steering lock together with the upper part of the steering column. I'll go at it tomorow and see what happens, but any info about removing the casing whould be great.

Quote Originally Posted by skr
    So, as the title says, i lost my only key somewhere in my house/yard/garage. I gave up searching after about 10 hours and now i'm thinking about what options i have. The good part is that i have a full set of locks ,with 2 keys from a parts car. I could not find any info on removing the whole lock casing, and i can't just swap the lock cylinders because sthe steering is locked and i don't have a key. I'm thinking bout removing the steering lock together with the upper part of the steering column. I'll go at it tomorow and see what happens, but any info about removing the casing whould be great.
    I think what you may actually asking is the best way to nick your car
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

You should be able to order a new key at the dealer using the Vin code and a proof the car is yours.
    Jon M
    '88 E34 535i 5spd
    Iceland

Might not know a lot about Romania, but if you dont know how to get into your car,call the garage, dont expect us to tell you in print how to steal a car!!

Quote Originally Posted by skr
    You can order a new key from the dealer for a somewhat pricey but not exorbitantly expensive price. They will cut your key from their database, and they will need the VIN and probably proof of ownership.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Paull-Edwards
    Might not know a lot about Romania, but if you dont know how to get into your car,call the garage, dont expect us to tell you in print how to steal a car!!
    ...and hopefully he didnt double lock it.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

There is a huge gap in e34 key codes. I tried to order a key for mine and BMW has lost the key codes. I even talked to someone in the fatherland - they could not help.
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Quote Originally Posted by Derek A.
    There is a huge gap in e34 key codes. I tried to order a key for mine and BMW has lost the key codes. I even talked to someone in the fatherland - they could not help.
    Elaborate please. I tried to order a key for my 90 535, and wrong one came ... they re-ordered, wrong key again. So either one of the previous owner had all the locks changed, or BMW has a computer problem and the codes are all mis-matched with the VINs/serial numbers.

ok, you caught me. i'm gonna steal my car tommorow morning and hide it in my garage. i know i can get a key from the dealer but that takes about 2 weeks. as the e34 is my daily driver and is parked outside my house i ain't got 2 weeks. so, i'll try to switch all the locks from my parts car to my car. while i'm at it i'll swap the steering columns so i can fit an m-tech 2 wheel with new leather that i have lying around. Opening the caar ain't a problem because i have lots of spare windows. i'll let u know how it turns out.

That would be the best idea anyway. Your key, like mine,does a lot less than US spec cars,ours will not double lock or have the release point on the left hand door,they do however, have an inertia release point on the front bumper!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast