GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: rear hydraulic suspension - "SUSP" light coming on

Default rear hydraulic suspension - "SUSP" light coming on

I have a '93 525iT (160k miles) with hydraulic rear suspension and recently had a non-dealer shop replace the hydraulic struts with standard struts bypassing the hydraulic system. The car rides great but the "SUSP LEVELING" warning light continues to come on and the mechanic at the shop doesn't know how to keep this from happening. Any ideas?
    thanks,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by FD'93-525iT
    I have a '93 525iT (160k miles) with hydraulic rear suspension and recently had a non-dealer shop replace the hydraulic struts with standard struts bypassing the hydraulic system. The car rides great but the "SUSP LEVELING" warning light continues to come on and the mechanic at the shop doesn't know how to keep this from happening. Any ideas?
    thanks,
    Frank
    Remove the bulb from the back of the dash, the only way you're going to stop it doing it, and pull the plug from the electronic control unit wherever it is.

Here's a thread on how to disable the error:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...&highlight=SLS

Default no 21 pin connector near battery

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerMeUp
    Here's a thread on how to disable the error:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...&highlight=SLS

Thanks for the thread but I can't find a 21-pin connector near the battery. I found a 14-pin connector which has the alarm system plugged into it, and a 14 or 18 pin connector. I also don't see any black wires with brown stripes and yellow dashes. Any thoughts? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    Remove the bulb from the back of the dash, the only way you're going to stop it doing it, and pull the plug from the electronic control unit wherever it is.

NO!!!!!! there is no bulb, it is a check control message.

If you can't find the connector behind / beside the battery (BTW lift up the carpet flap... IIRC)... then move/adjust the Ride height "reader" that is either on the swaybar's left hand side (or was that the hydraulic valve?) or is attached to the right hand side's trailing arm via a thin metal rod.
    Last edited by attack eagle; 08-22-2007 at 04:22 PM.

what do you do when there's no pin #13 to jump wire with #12 and there's no SLS in the car?? I was so happy to find this thread and so unhappy to find my car doesn't have that pin!!! please help, I still have that message in the computer and once is there it doesn't go away until I shut the engine....and restart it back again....

never sls equipped? then you have a problem with the check control module I guess.

I thought it was kind of a common problem, it comes on every once in a while, I checked underneath the car today a there's no sensor or lever.
    Any ideas? where should I start poking?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolidoendiablado
    I thought it was kind of a common problem, it comes on every once in a while, I checked underneath the car today a there's no sensor or lever.
    Any ideas? where should I start poking?
    Take the battery out and push the carpeting away. Mine was near the bottom of the battery...

Follow all the wires. the 21-pin connector should be there, my touring is a 92 fyi.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...