GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the Komen drive today . . .

Default Did the Komen drive today . . .

If you misssed the Komen drive in your area, definitely make a point to go out and test drive a 335i coupe -- what a kick! I thought it was faster than the 650 & 550. The V-8's seemed down in power this year compared to last year. Did the factory de-tune the 07's for better fuel economy?

The 535ix wagon was fun and the 525i was quite peppy. It would be a fun car with a stick & proper diff ratio.

Another car I absolutely fell in love with was the Z4 coupe. If I were flush with cash I'd spring for one of those in twin turbo or M form in a minute. It's very well balanced.

The retractible hardtop in the 3's is trick but even in 335i form, the 335i coupe is definitely faster.

A fun day that I look forward to every year. We "racked" up lots of miles A great cause & win-win for everyone involved. Be sure to look it up when it comes thru your area.

Route map:

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/...s/UDSK/udskmap
    Last edited by gale; 08-12-2007 at 09:04 AM. Reason: edit: added route map
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

Another car I absolutely fell in love with was the Z4 coupe. If I were flush with cash I'd spring for one of those in twin turbo or M form in a minute. It's very well balanced.
    Those are sweet ass little cars. My new job gives me the opportunity to drive one.

Sadly I missed the Komen drive in my area.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

what is the respective power tourque and weight figures for the 335 variants and the 550?
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    what is the respective power tourque and weight figures for the 335 variants and the 550?
    From BMW's website:

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/335icoupe/techdata.htm

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/5/200...n/techdata.htm

gale

nice power, but the 335 is a pig of a car. over 3500 pounds for a 3 series? give me a break. luxury has totally won out over sport in the bmw world.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    nice power, but the 335 is a pig of a car. over 3500 pounds for a 3 series? give me a break. luxury has totally won out over sport in the bmw world.
    which is why they're making the 135

Also, i'm pretty sure the sedan is faster than the coupe (don't ask me how) but I read somewhere that the sedan is a SLIGHT bit faster. Also, I've driven both, all I can say is they are both very fast, though i'm biased towards the sedan because it was a 6-speed manual and the coupe was automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    If you misssed the Komen drive in your area, definitely make a point to go out and test drive a 335i coupe -- what a kick! I thought it was faster than the 650 & 550. The V-8's seemed down in power this year compared to last year. Did the factory de-tune the 07's for better fuel economy?

The 535ix wagon was fun and the 525i was quite peppy. It would be a fun car with a stick & proper diff ratio.

The retractible hardtop in the 3's is trick but even in 335i form, the 335i coupe is definitely faster.

A fun day that I look forward to every year. We "racked" up lots of miles A great cause & win-win for everyone involved. Be sure to look it up when it comes thru your area.

Route map:

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/...s/UDSK/udskmap

Sounds like you enjoyed the same ones I did... But that z4 coupe came within 5 feet of not being available for you wednesday... Some idiot in a contour flat out nailed the Mini that was 5 feet off my rear bumper when I was driving the z4coupe. IDunno how fast it was going but I was doing 80 and it was gaining fast when it tried to switch into the fastlane and just drove right into the right corner of the mini. Got to see the mini make two spins off the center guardrail in the otherwise useless rear view. All the z4 coupe needs is the twin turbo 6 to be a world beater of a car.
    Last edited by attack eagle; 08-12-2007 at 06:34 PM.

The Z4 is my favorite bmw body style, my dream car really. I watch them go on ebay for as little as $14,000.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    I remember reading somewhere that BMW is more interested in luxury then it is sport. BMW researched why people were buying bimmers they found that it was because of the sporty nature of the car and luxury was rarely ever a reason. They want to be in the same market as Mercedes. I guess the luxury market has more money in it.
    Last edited by infurno; 08-12-2007 at 06:50 PM.

As usual, I looked up to see when it was coming to my area, and I missed it. I guess I never got the email notification to register.

Glad to hear you like the new 335, I think the 335 coupe is an absolutely SLICK looking car, and I don't really like the new bangle designs (at least not the 5 series).

They're also doing a test driving program with the 4.4L X5 on the racetrack that just came through my area, which I unfortunately missed because we were away. I really wanted to do that one.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Macv, Korman is about "rack"... not "sweet ass"... although they are kinda inter-related... you can't have one without the other... LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast