Yesterday and today have been perhaps the worst time I've ever spent beneath a car. Here's my story. What's yours?
'92 Cadillac Seville belonging to a good friends son, his first car and a miserable chunk of ****. I've agreed to bail him out.
All of the brake lines have rusted and been patched using compression fittings. Yesterday was spent removing the junk lines, picking rust from my eyes and bending, flaring and fishing twenty six feet of brake lines then breaking all the bleeder screws.
Today was better. Struts, thrust rod bushings, sway bar links and drive shafts. Every fastener rusted tight in spite of having what must have been the entire crankcase contents spayed liberally about the suspension, along with fifteen years of road grime caked everywhere. All done on my back with the car on jack stands.
A friend and I once changed the entire driveline of a car in a marathon session and I didn't get as filthy as I am now. My DOGS didn't recognize me.
To top it all off one of the driveshafts is wrong so tomorrow I'm under it again.
Tell me some horror stories so I feel better.