GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seriously NOT amused.... E34 + Beer barrel = not a nice sight to come back to!!

Woah... That's not good, I'm sure if you find out who did it they will be wearing the barrel internally!!!

Hope it didn't damage the edge of the window aperture - on a brighter note, there must be a replacement screen out there with all the heater strips intact, mine are, and no, I won't do a swap

Who do I love Most - Wife, Kids or Car...
    Wife's always moaning, Kids always yelling...
    OK - The Car Wins!!

Wow you seem very composed considering the situation O_O

Yikes, you werent down by the millenium stadium when that happened perchance? There's an excellent wetherspoons down there, but last time we tried to get there, there'd just been a final in that stadium and I dont think there was an intact piece of glass within a mile...

Also lol - designated driver - I bet you volunteered.

did it damage more than the window? I'd expect that kind of hit would be re-al bad...
    No thankfully, only damage is the rear screen itself so I had a lucky escape with regards to total repair cost...

on a brighter note, there must be a replacement screen out there with all the heater strips intact, mine are, and no, I won't do a swap
    Bugger, What about if I throw in a full bottle of blue label Smirnoff? lol

It would take alot more than a smashed window for my to see red (unless I had caught the little bleeders in the act, where as I would have quickly found out if the barrel would of inserted somewhere nasty lol) but there is no point in getting all worked up over it, just get a new screen, fit it and carry on with life

Yikes, you weren't down by the millenium stadium when that happened perchance? There's an excellent wetherspoons down there, but last time we tried to get there, there'd just been a final in that stadium and I dont think there was an intact piece of glass within a mile...

Also lol - designated driver - I bet you volunteered.
    No I was parked behind the lloyds bar on the other side of town but yeah I used to work security in the city center during the really big matches and the amount of violence is incredible!

And yes, I prefer to drive as it saves getting raped by a taxi on the way home... (thats my only reason, honest lol)
    Craig

Riding in an M52 Avus E34 Sport... Hell yeah.

damn!!!

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Quote Originally Posted by [1990]525
    Wait till he sobers up!!

raped by a taxi
    Raped BY a taxi or IN a taxi?
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Lol.. well if there happens to be a very attractive brunette driving..........

Or blonde, Im not fussy at the mo lol

Turns out the rear screen is bonded to the car so will have to work out how to cut out the screen Ive sourced (£20) And then work out how to fit it

Any ideas anyone?
    Craig

Riding in an M52 Avus E34 Sport... Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil525iSE
    This is the result of being the designated driver for the night.....

NOT amused.. luckily I have enough contacts to get a replacement as soon as Im back from my trip tomorrow...

In a brighter note, I picked up a replacement OBC, indicator stalk with OBC button and wiper stalk with the 'auto wipe' button earlier.... I suppose I better research on how to get them all working lol

Ill also update my project diary thread with some latest pics of the car (even though its a state) as I havent in ages!

That is all
    Just a head's up, when you rent a keg, there's a deposit on it. You can probably find out who rented the keg, track them down, and murder them.

Lol.. well if there happens to be a very attractive brunette driving..........

Or blonde, Im not fussy at the mo lol
    If you find a spare one (or two, or more) then...

Turns out the rear screen is bonded to the car so will have to work out how to cut out the screen Ive sourced (£20) And then work out how to fit it

Any ideas anyone?
    Just had a word with my mate who works for Silver Shield and he reckons that even one of their guys with the proper tools may have problems getting it out without cracking it but it is possible

However, he suggests using a strong sharp knife and take your time cutting through the sealant - don't use a stanley knife just in case the blade snaps and you end up with your fingers needing repairing by the local hospital

Fitting it should easier, make sure that you have both the aperture and the edge of the glass really clean, methylated spirit works here - put a nice thick bead of sealant around the aperture (he says you should be able to get it from Halfrauds or possibly a local friendly windscreen company may sell you some) and then with the help of a friend, keeping the new glass level, place the bottom of the window onto the frame and then carefully lay the top of the glass down into the aperture ie: bottom in first, top swung in after - hard to describe, imagine that the bottom is hinged and you'll see what he means.

He suggests that unless you use those rubber-sucker glass holders so you can lay the glass in slowly, it is probably wise to get a third person to assist from inside the car, supporting the screen as you lower it into place. Be warned that once you contact the glass with the sealant it's very sticky and that's where the glass will have to stay as it will probably make a mess if you try to move the glass once it's made contact - you must get it right first time. Just my thought here, it may be wise to practice putting the glass into the aperture without any sealant on it a couple of times...

DON'T get your fingers between the glass and the sealant because you WILL make a mess with it on the replacement glass. I didn't ask him how he was so sure that happens .

Once it's all in, you need to let the car stand for a few hours so the sealant can cure - don't forget, leave a window or the sunroof open so when you close the doors the air pressure doesn't disturb the glass.

Who do I love Most - Wife, Kids or Car...
    Wife's always moaning, Kids always yelling...
    OK - The Car Wins!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12