GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: did a oil change on a 06 530 today

Default did a oil change on a 06 530 today

oh my god whatta hunk of ****, i can hardly wait for these ****ers to be common and broken, no oil dipstick, you gotta check the oil with i-drive, i guess the bastard is still too new as the ****ing new oil filter wasn't designed right, the hole wasn't big enough for the plastic dildo in the cap so we had to get a dealer filter, and start bitching at the supplier about the damn filters. the art deco looking door panels look like they are going to suck, it's a year old and the coating around the window switches was flaking off like cheap paint, looking forward to the electric water pumps to ****ing up, and the monstrosity of a thermostat bolted to the side of it is seriously in the way of the ac compressor, which looks like the same pos that the e39 runs that i've replaced just about everyone i come across, looks like they finally **** canned that god awful turd LUK brand power steering pump that the e39/46 uses, hope this one sucks less, it has the same general suspension as a e39, aluminum brake calipers, the front calipers look like the same ones on my granddads 73 f350 ford, ****ing huge for no real reason, over sized pain in the ass belly pan, a little over 2 dozen screws and it's out of your way with the usual too small oil drain access door
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Ha ha. Sorry to laugh, well not really. Can't wait until the DIYers are trying to repair those! They are so fugly on top of it.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

lol I love your descriptions of work and cars in general. keep it coming.

Look on the bright side, Winfred. It obviously still has an oil drain plug !

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Just like my girlfriend's 06 325i. I was going to check oil the other day because I don't trust the factory recommended 15k oil interval. Couldn't find the oil dip stick! It doesn't come with engine temp gauge either. I hate the design.
    (SOLD) 92 525ia M50 | NGK plug | JVC AR560 | EAT chip | California

atleast the engine oil pan is still metal, the tranny pan is plastic, and so is it's drain plug

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    Look on the bright side, Winfred. It obviously still has an oil drain plug !
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

WTF plastic tranny pan?!

god i can see these cracking in 7 years and letting the fluid spill all over the road.

I like the way the E60 looks, kinda.. But I wonder what they will be like 15 years from now. Im sure our E34s will still be going
    Mark

1999 M3 Cosmos Black/ Black 78k
    1994 540i Oxford Green/ Silver Grey Sold @ 133k
    1995 M3 Arctic Silver/Black Sold @ 117k
    1990 325i Zinnobar Red/Black Sold @ 115k

thats the problem with new bimmers...they're too freaken complicated...DIYers sometimes has a hard time repairing the e34 & e39...couldn't wait for the next generation here in bimmer.info when they're talking about how hard or impossible it is to DIY the e60! hehehe

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Plastic isn't all that bad of an idea for a trans pan. Plastics handle vibratory stress better, and they're also much lighter, and theyre cheaper. Yes, plastics age and get brittle over the years if left in the sun, but it shouldn't see too much of that under the car.

Besides, it makes replacement easy if it ever gets a crack or doesn't mate flush with the trans. People said the same thing about the plastic valve cover gasket on the E46, but the thing is working fine.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

oh really, we do more gaskets on plastic valve covers then on anything else, the plastic intake has been more of a success with less exceptions if ya wanna wave a flag for plastic, the v8s suck but the I6s are ok

Quote Originally Posted by DanDombrowski
    People said the same thing about the plastic valve cover gasket on the E46, but the thing is working fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast