GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: baww: anyone have a problem with their door fabric falling off?

Default baww: anyone have a problem with their door fabric falling off?

The fabric on both of my rear doors, and front passenger door is starting to peel away. One of the rear doors has almost completely come unglued! How can I get this piece taught and attached? It looks really horrible, hanging half on half off, thanks!

I shot it up with gorilla blue.... then put a small stiff board against the panel ot distribute the pressure which was applied by an adjustable shower curtain rod tensioned between them, right across the back seat... left that in place for a few days and been good ever since.
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt
    I shot it up with gorilla blue.... then put a small stiff board against the panel ot distribute the pressure which was applied by an adjustable shower curtain rod tensioned between them, right across the back seat... left that in place for a few days and been good ever since.
    My gorilla snot failed after a few weeks I'll try removing the old snot and redoing with a board to hold it over night. Any recommendations for removing the old snot then?

Default just patience and a smooth hand w/a razor?

yeah, try cleaning it up again I guess... maybe the key is a good distribution of glue...secure clamping...and plenty of time for it to set ?

Quote Originally Posted by [1990]525
    My gorilla snot failed after a few weeks I'll try removing the old snot and redoing with a board to hold it over night. Any recommendations for removing the old snot then?
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead

Have a look at my old door panel fix thread

Gorilla glue works if you remove the panels and have adequate room to apply it properly.

Dave

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

I didn't even take the panel off. I just put a piece of double sided tape under the end that came loose. It's the kind that is a couple of milimeters thick and spongy in the middle. Been holdin' for a year.
    The stone age didn't end for a lack of stones. Neither will the hydrocarbon age......