GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 1990 535i One-button Alarm Remote

Default 1990 535i One-button Alarm Remote

I've got a damaged BMW Alarm remote, it's a one-button remote with a broken corner where the key ring attaches. I want to replace the case, or implant the guts into a new case. However they seem difficult to find.

Part No. 88 88 1 600 205
    FCC ID: A269ZUA087

I've found lots of 3-button remotes, same shape and size, same FCC ID, but with 3-buttons. Bavarian Autoparts said that it can't be used in place of a one-button. Is that true?

I've also found a few one-button remotes, but they want $120 US for it. Has anyone got any suggestions, or been through this process before. What kind of options are there?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by brendanm; 06-17-2007 at 05:09 PM.

Default Even a new leather case or something similar would suffice

Even a new leather case or something similar to place the old remote in, something that I could attach to my key chain would be great. But again, I've seen nothing that would suit so far, any ideas?

if it's the same square looking alpine remote as your old one just with a couple more buttons it will work just fine, just slip your chip into the new remote and jam, actually most of the one button remotes i've seen are 3 button units without the extra holes punched out of the case
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I've got an old one-button remote I'm not using. Case is in good shape, missing the two screws, even has the chip and a battery (likely dead) in it. What's it worth; postage plus? Where are you located? Anything to trade? I'm happy to help if you need it. I'm in Virginia.

-Phil

Default Hmm, curious can you send me a pic?

Can you include a picture? Mine seems to only have one screw, but if it's the same size and shape I'm sure I can make it work, or at least use the undamaged case from yours. I haven't really got any bits to trade, but I'd be willing to give you $20 bucks US, and cover any postage, how's that sound?

I've heard that a 3-button will work, and may in-fact increase the functionality giving me some more options the one-button doesn't have. I can get 3-button on ebay for $34 US. Let me know if you're interested.

email: brendanm@praxistech.com

Quote Originally Posted by brendanm
    I've got a damaged BMW Alarm remote, it's a one-button remote with a broken corner where the key ring attaches. I want to replace the case, or implant the guts into a new case. However they seem difficult to find.

Part No. 88 88 1 600 205
    FCC ID: A269ZUA087

I've found lots of 3-button remotes, same shape and size, same FCC ID, but with 3-buttons. Bavarian Autoparts said that it can't be used in place of a one-button. Is that true?

I've also found a few one-button remotes, but they want $120 US for it. Has anyone got any suggestions, or been through this process before. What kind of options are there?
    Hello mate

Sorry I'm not sure how to do this correctly, but if you look at item 290129666790 on the UK's ebay site it might be the one you are looking for.

All the best

Phil

No I'd seen that one, but it's not the same shape. Mine's rectangular.

yours looks like this?! cept it has one button, if so this or one like it will work just fine with your chip, like i said in a earlyer post the one and 3 button units usually are the same just without the extra holes in the case so you can use the other two buttons on the circuit board

Quote Originally Posted by brendanm
    No I'd seen that one, but it's not the same shape. Mine's rectangular.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Mine's the same as your photo. I have a bag of Alpine screws around somewhere. We gave BMW hell about not making them available back then so they sold me a bag of 100 to shut me up. I just have to find them. Both threaded inserts are fine and the case has no cracks or excessive wear on the ring hole. I'll try and get a picture soon, and look for those screws. I know they're in a tiny bag but I cleaned out my desk at the BMW dealership back in 1995, so I'll have to dig for them. You're in BC, right? Will regular U.S. mail get to you okay? Or are you in more of a hurry than that? And if you find one closer to you, no problem.

So long as it's in acceptable shape, and It would be great if you could take a picture of it (front and back). Otherwise just let me know how you'd like me to send the money.

And send me your mailing address, my email address is: brendanm@praxistech.com