GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Removing Highbeam insert

Default Removing Highbeam insert

Can anyone brief me on the best way to remove the highbeam insert so that I can replace the lens on it. I understand the chrome ring simply pops out, but I was told the best way to replace the lens is to remove the unit entirely so that clamps can be applied to the unit when the new lens is glued into place.

Any advise would be appreciated. I don't have a Bentley manual, although the OEM part website has got some good diagrams. Do I need to remove the grill etc.. or will the highbeam insert come out without that having to be done?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Headlight lens replacement

Just make sure you get all the old glass out....do not have to remove the entire unit. Just did it several weeks ago just silicone the new lens in place no biggie.

Later,
    Kuly

Quote Originally Posted by brendanm
    Can anyone brief me on the best way to remove the highbeam insert so that I can replace the lens on it. I understand the chrome ring simply pops out, but I was told the best way to replace the lens is to remove the unit entirely so that clamps can be applied to the unit when the new lens is glued into place.

Any advise would be appreciated. I don't have a Bentley manual, although the OEM part website has got some good diagrams. Do I need to remove the grill etc.. or will the highbeam insert come out without that having to be done?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

yeah, you should be able to do it without removing the whole unit...just get a mini flat head screwdriver and pry a little at a time until it breaks free...