GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy: CD43 In Dash BMW CD Player

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA1
    The Nak is obviously being cleared-out because it doesn't offer an AUX input.
    woah, my bad, you're absolutely right, no aux in, that's what I was looking for... the word "MP3" in the product title confused me on the Nak! Okay, I want the BMW CD43, please!
    _

I should be able to offer the ICE link as well. I am still waiting on some prices. One really nice feature with the ice link is that it charges your ipod too. It also displays the track name and artist through the RDS system on the headunit.

Jimmy

I am most definitely interested. Please consider me in on this group buy. I would also be interested in the ipod integration kit if you can get a group buy discount on that.

If I am not mistaken, this unit was also put in some Land Rovers. I have seen eBay auctions that sell the land rover CD43 with an //M sticker that covers up the land rover logo. Are the units in this group buy OEM BMW?

Lastly, can someone please clarify the difference between I-Bus and L-Bus? I did some looking but must have looked in the wrong places. My CD Changer is alpine I think... it has a faceplate that slides to reveal the eject button and wallet.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PScalfano
    I am most definitely interested. Please consider me in on this group buy. I would also be interested in the ipod integration kit if you can get a group buy discount on that.

If I am not mistaken, this unit was also put in some Land Rovers. I have seen eBay auctions that sell the land rover CD43 with an //M sticker that covers up the land rover logo. Are the units in this group buy OEM BMW?

Lastly, can someone please clarify the difference between I-Bus and L-Bus? I did some looking but must have looked in the wrong places. My CD Changer is alpine I think... it has a faceplate that slides to reveal the eject button and wallet.

Thanks!
    These are OEM BMW Business CD decks. I am working on a group purchase for the DICE kit too. It looks like it will be an additional 140 shipped for the DICE at the moment.

Jimmy
    Last edited by 95///M3; 05-09-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swenpro
    okay, not to throw water on the party here, but to clarify the $180 option I was talking about previously, here is a nice low-frills, matte black Nakamichi MP3/CD that looks pretty decent. I'm torn
    I have a Range Rover CD43 same as BMW but slightly different color display which is way I will sell it for $170 shipped anywhere in lower 48. Brand new.
    PM me.

Jim

I know for fact (have one in mine) that the C43 and CD43 are plug-n-play in 92 or newer. Might work in a 91. 90 & older will require some diddling with the pin assignments on the back of the head unit (search archives for George Mann's conversion).

If the Dennison iPod adapter plugs into the CD changer cable in the trunk, then a newer e39 CD cable will have to be strung also, and I think there is one more caveat that requires another wire to either be powered in the trunk or run back to the head unit. Good news: there is another way around this. PAC/iPac makes the iPac-BMW adapter similar to the Dennison and it plugs directly into the back of the c43 or CD43 head unit without messing with a new CD cable to the trunk. I'm not sure if it displays the iPod artist/title in the RDS display. The PAC adapter sells for approx. $110 on ebay.

Either way, one must forfeit/abandon the existing CD changer in the trunk. That can also be made to work with an Alpine CDA-630 or CDA-634 changer with the new e39 cable and extra wire. For that setup, there are iPod adapters on Logjam Electronics that preserve the CD stacker function in the trunk and also allow an iPod.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

Looks like this is what you're talking about... I like the lower price, and less work is always better!

So Gale, since you have the CD43, do you think it's worth the investment?
    _

I am interested, please consider me in on this group buy.
    Steven G

Quote Originally Posted by swenpro
    Looks like this is what you're talking about... I like the lower price, and less work is always better!

So Gale, since you have the CD43, do you think it's worth the investment?
    The C43/CD43 has better sound quality, but being "hearing impaired" it's of little consequence for me. The RDS feature is cool. I've gotten so used to it that I miss it when driving my other cars without. I conceded there's no way to insert and iPod/Aux-in for the older version BMW head units (exception: there was a thread about 6 weeks ago on hacking into the CD cable to make it work). I like the factory look of the C43/CD43 and the fact that an iPod insertion is plug-n-play. If I had to do it over again, I would definitely get into the CD43 group buy and may still, since mine is the C43 cassette version.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

Yes, I have the CD43 CD player in my E46, its a nice unit. Cant wait to get my Denison Icelink unit (or whatever theyre calling the newest one).
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast