GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Group Buy: CD43 In Dash BMW CD Player

Hi Jimmy,
    What's the word on the shipping of my CD43 w/ adapters.

Jim Illson
    Seattle, WA

Default Any BMW Head units with MP3?

I have a cheapo Panasonic with a blue (gasp!) display. I like the CD43's looks, but I don't want to give up the ability to play CDs burned with MP3 files. Are there any stock BMW head units that will play my burned CDs?
    Brad Houser, San Jose, CA
    1991 525i Auto

Default Fitting CD43 into dashboard

I got the unit (works great, thanks Jimmy) but one problem. I cannot get the unit totally flush into the dash. Bottom edge is fine but top edge sticks out 1/8 or maybe 1/4 inch out. I've tried shifting the wires in the back about to see if they are blocking in some way. Have not ruled that out. Also have a set of speaker wires (I guess thats what they are) that attach to the back plate of unit. The "nut" that secures the terminal is a inch (or more) long thing that screws onto the post that extends from the back plate. Thinking of getting something shorter just incase that is hitting something but that piece came from the old unit so don't know how that could be the problem. Has anyone had the problem or have a suggestion?

Thanks

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JMI
    I got the unit (works great, thanks Jimmy) but one problem. I cannot get the unit totally flush into the dash. Bottom edge is fine but top edge sticks out 1/8 or maybe 1/4 inch out. I've tried shifting the wires in the back about to see if they are blocking in some way. Have not ruled that out. Also have a set of speaker wires (I guess thats what they are) that attach to the back plate of unit. The "nut" that secures the terminal is a inch (or more) long thing that screws onto the post that extends from the back plate. Thinking of getting something shorter just incase that is hitting something but that piece came from the old unit so don't know how that could be the problem. Has anyone had the problem or have a suggestion?

Thanks

Jim
    same problem here, if you look carefully at the pics I posted previously, it's not perfectly flush, but I really don't notice this anymore. Let me know if you find a fix!
    _

Default Dice unit wiring harness

Ok, I was looking today on ebay for a DICE unit to use along with my CD43 and couldn't help but wonder why I would need the harness Jimmy was making if the unit comes with a harness that plugs into the data port on the head unit. Is the included harness the wrong one?

Thanks
    -Patrick

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112