GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $72.94 shipped

Default $72.94 shipped

Thats what 8 of these will cost me. Anywhere cheaper?
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

just stick with OEM bosch plugs
    Mark

1999 M3 Cosmos Black/ Black 78k
    1994 540i Oxford Green/ Silver Grey Sold @ 133k
    1995 M3 Arctic Silver/Black Sold @ 117k
    1990 325i Zinnobar Red/Black Sold @ 115k

Why do you say that? have you tried these or know anyone who has? Longer life, measurable improvement is gas mileage from more efficient combustion aren't worth the few extra dollars? If these claims are largely exaggerated and any gains are so minute as to be virtually invisible then I'd agree the expense would be obviously pointless. Maybe they'd really only be worth it with that Ignition Solutions set of coils that doubles the voltage output from the plugs ,huh? lol..

I don't ever believe eBay claims.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

I thought i read these claims on the Deno site and attested by others who've used them. The only thing i read on the ebay site was the price and shipping. Its time for new plugs and unless the added cost is flat out not gonna produce any meaningful benefit I don't have a problem spending twice what the OEM Bosch plugs cost.Anyway I know a few people here have said they've bought them and i figured someone could have found them cheaper. This is as low as i found them.

so, this isn't going to answer your question at all. sorry.

but i've been through airframe powerplant training (a piston engine is a piston engine), and my instructor said what all the master techs say, and that's that a spark plug isn't gonna do any of the above. this guy's been in the aircraft industry over 20 years, and working on his own cars for... ****, the guy's pretty old, i'll say upwards of forty. those plugs aren't any better than stock.
    SchwarzII 95 m50b25tu. smoked rear, clear front. bilstein/eibach, uuc flywheel/M5 clutch, RD strut and sway bars. VFE supercharged!!!

The key to good spark plug is sharp edge on electrodes. When you buy a new plug, you will see that the new plug got a good sharp edge whereas the one you took out of the car is already rounded off. This is the reason why we have to change plugs.

Nowdays, we have new cars where the first spark plug change is at 100,000 miles. So you figured... well how did they do that? The simplest way to do this is make a spark plug that wears exceptionally so that they always have a sharp edge. Of course, you can't just rely on this... you do have to beef up the ignition system to handle the worse condition the spark plug get while providing good emission and economy.

That is the reason why these specialty plugs comes in... because the way they wear down... instead of a rounded off copper electrodes... they had some special metals... most common back then was platinum... platinum always protected and because of small ignition point.. and the reliability of platinum metal. it doesn't 'round' off.

The bad thing about platinum is that they don't 'demand' spark power for modern high HP engine. You got to have high demand for strong spark.. and that's where all other plugs came in... BMW experimented with silver composite electrodes... they did their job... always sharp edge but wears down... even though it last 2 or 3 times longer than regular plug.... not enough for 100,000 miles.

So from engineering point of view. it is not mere just a miracle plug. You got to have a whole package to make it run right. So don't just dismiss it.

What about those two or four prong electrode design... They are another design factor to make the spark plug last longer... Instead of forcing the plugs to fire with high demand... which wears plug down... they eased it with two to creat a wider stable ignition.

I am not an engineer... I read about this stuff long ago and they have valid points. BMW does use double prongs plugs and the silver plugs but I haven't caught up with newest things on market.

Whoo hoo... 8 more posts and I will be two grand master... Whoa ha ha ha ha... Bow down peasants! BOW DOWN! wha ha hah ha!!!

6 more...lets go hijack a nubes thread or something like the good ol days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Whoo hoo... 8 more posts and I will be two grand master... Whoa ha ha ha ha... Bow down peasants! BOW DOWN! wha ha hah ha!!!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast