GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Problem with oxygen sensor connector

Default Problem with oxygen sensor connector

Car was running sluggish at low revs, also idle was temperamental. Fault traced to the oxygen sensor connector to the engine wiring. BMW suggest that the only way to get a new connector would be to replace the engine wiring harness, since those connectors cannot be sold individually!! The wiring for the engine bay will cost £525, including vat. Since this is beyond consideration, anyone have experience of wiring directly by bullet connectors?

id splice on a connector from a junked bmw, most of the 02 connectors are the same from 88-95 on all bmws, that big round 4 pin twist connector
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by M Malaviya
    Car was running sluggish at low revs, also idle was temperamental. Fault traced to the oxygen sensor connector to the engine wiring. BMW suggest that the only way to get a new connector would be to replace the engine wiring harness, since those connectors cannot be sold individually!! The wiring for the engine bay will cost £525, including vat. Since this is beyond consideration, anyone have experience of wiring directly by bullet connectors?
    I think Mr BMW is taking something that begins with a p. Not being funny but £525 is about half the value of the motor! You got to go for the rewire as Winfred suggested. I would do it with choc blocks if it sorted the problem:-)

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    id splice on a connector from a junked bmw, most of the 02 connectors are the same from 88-95 on all bmws, that big round 4 pin twist connector
    Thanks Winfred.
    I take it, its ok to just use bullets - after all the connector is no more than a fancy plastic locking device. In the UK its rare to find junk yards to source another connector to splice on.