GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...bad words...

Default ...bad words...

so, ive been ignoring the squealing sound my blower was making for the last couple weeks, since i havent got paid in awhile (i dont get paid until the general pays the contractors, and they dont pay till the building is finished and all final inspections are passed) and finally the blower craps out on me. nothing in any of the switch positions. also, my boss got his gangbox (basically a huge toolchest with all the tools and materials for the job) stolen from the back of his truck today, so it doesnt look like im gonna get paid for a good long time.

suggestions?

you need to borrow money on your credit card if ya need to...it is the cost of doing biz my .02

hes the contractor, im just helpin him out. im not actually technically employed, but the company i usually work for hasnt had work for me in a dogs age and there arent any jobs in michigan anymore, so i do what i can. i think im gonna have to stare whoring or something

Michigan ehh... I went from over 230 customers to 73 as of October 06, thats why I moved my shop into my pole barn. Right now Im not booming but 70% of my entire business is from my internet site and NONE of that comes from Michigan. Want a few odd jobs? lol (serious I'm willing to help you out if you can install doors)

Quote Originally Posted by indierthanthou
    hes the contractor, im just helpin him out. im not actually technically employed, but the company i usually work for hasnt had work for me in a dogs age and there arent any jobs in michigan anymore, so i do what i can. i think im gonna have to stare whoring or something
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Hey Jeff .......Im a printer from Michigan. Ive heard the stats: 3900 printers will go out of business from 2001-2010....Don't know how they can predict the future. The shop I work for is actualy expanding but I wouldn't start this kind of job if I was still young. One thing that is actualy kind of cool is wrapping cars with film printed by high tech digital printers. Maybe thats a good business to expand to .........and you could still work on cars in your barn........lol

naww, bought a digital printer for the vinyl and sold it, not a prosperous living here but fantastic in Fla.

Stuart (Omega) from here hooked me up big time with the web site and the only thing we are pushing is carbonless forms and the like. I can almost live with just this item let alone what would happen if i expand to other things.

The vinyl graphics stuff is a time consuming PITA and you dont make crap doing it. Them little shops that do that stuff only boom in spring and are dead the rest of the year. Couldnt imagine that as an income~20% profit after overhead.

Bling wrap is dead here, printing can work if marketed right and it's not going to come from michigan, the 70% im getting internet is from everywhere "but" michigan. Michigan is completely dried up now, the rest of the country is going to follow suit but at not as much of an extreme as we experienced in the last few years. the whole country is going to fall apart man.

Quote Originally Posted by dennyg
    Hey Jeff .......Im a printer from Michigan. Ive heard the stats: 3900 printers will go out of business from 2001-2010....Don't know how they can predict the future. The shop I work for is actualy expanding but I wouldn't start this kind of job if I was still young. One thing that is actualy kind of cool is wrapping cars with film printed by high tech digital printers. Maybe thats a good business to expand to .........and you could still work on cars in your barn........lol
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

mine did the exact thing, loud noise than stopped, i took the advice of the board and took it out, sprayed it real good with wd-40, put it back in and it worked great, very slight sqeal sometimes, but its working and giving me heat, whole job took about a hour

i think i read somewhere you can trickle oil down onto the bearing down a peice of wire
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    i think i read somewhere you can trickle oil down onto the bearing down a peice of wire
    OOooh, me likey. My fan started squealing like a pig before puttin it away for the winter. Thanks for reminding me as I promptly forgot about it.

Time for a search.

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

honestly ive never installed doors before, but im willing to learn. where are you located?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast