GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: couple questions...

Default couple questions...

Sometime down the line, i would like to put in a full exhaust system, including headers. my concern is, the header i have found appears to be a single outlet, would i be able to run a single exhaust tube all the way back, or would this be too restrictive and rob power? also, would I need (if the single exhaust wont work, or i decide against the headers) an oem catalytic converter or could i use universal high flows? finally, would i be better off just buying a catback system from bavauto or wherever and bolting it on instead of doing all this work?

Another thing I have recently become interested in, is the wider grill on some e34's, i believe i have read in the forum that this has been put on the ones with the narrow grill. is this possible? what kind of parts do i need to do it?

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by indierthanthou
    Sometime down the line, i would like to put in a full exhaust system, including headers. my concern is, the header i have found appears to be a single outlet, would i be able to run a single exhaust tube all the way back, or would this be too restrictive and rob power? also, would I need (if the single exhaust wont work, or i decide against the headers) an oem catalytic converter or could i use universal high flows? finally, would i be better off just buying a catback system from bavauto or wherever and bolting it on instead of doing all this work?

Another thing I have recently become interested in, is the wider grill on some e34's, i believe i have read in the forum that this has been put on the ones with the narrow grill. is this possible? what kind of parts do i need to do it?

thanks guys

second question can be answered at http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/Wider.htm
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

I had a local muffler shop build a 3" exhaust with an ansa muffler for my '87 635csi. The new catalytic convertor had a single 3" outlet. It ran well & sounded great with no resonator.
    erased due to slander

so it was a dual inlet/single outlet cat? around how much did it cost, and could you feel any difference? im more interested in my car being a sleeper, so if its loud without any performance benefits ill pass and do some other things first

You have two manifolds. One exit on each.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

yes, im aware of that. are you saying i should stick with dual exhaust then?