GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Applying BG 44K Emission Service Kit

Default Applying BG 44K Emission Service Kit

Does anyone have experience applying the BG 44K Emission Service Kit to the engine in my 1992 BMW 525i E34 M50? I bought a kit that has: 1. fuel injecton cleaner that is added to the gas tank at fill up 2. air intake spray cleaner that is sprayed into the throttle body while engine is running 3. engine cleaner that is sucked into the intake while the engine is running and then left to soak the engine for 15 minutes before the engine is restarted. Does anyone know which vacumn line should be used to suck the engine cleaner into the intake of the engine?

When I did seafoam in my last car, I used the brake booster hose. Not sure if it would work on our cars, but I just pulled it off the booster and pored it in..

I did not know there is a hose between the engine intake and the brake booster. But if I understand you correctly, there is a vacuum hose that goes from the engine to the brake booster that has vaccum in it towards the engine intake. If I pull that hose off the brake booster and put it in the foam cleaner I am trying to get into the engine while the engine is running, it should pull the cleaner into the intake. Is that right???

I am not sure if it is that way on our cars.. have not looked..

But on most any other car I have worked on, there is a hose going from the intake to the brake booster, rounds thing up against the firewall, that provides vacume to the booster. If you take that off, the booster side, there should be suction there. Pour in your cleaner till she dies.

Pics of the brake booster hose. Just to the right of the throttle body.

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Thank you! I guess I should use that vacuum hose to get the cleaner in there and then wait 15 minutes before running it out. I have wondered about that ugly elbow connection on that hose before. Is it some sort of vaccum regulator or something??? It must be. BMW would not arbitrarily put that in there for no reason when they could have used a continuous vacuum hose instead.

Thank you! I guess I should use that vacuum hose to get the cleaner in there and then wait 15 minutes before running it out. I have wondered about that ugly elbow connection on that hose before. Is it some sort of vaccum regulator or something??? It must be. BMW would not arbitrarily put that in there for no reason when they could have used a continuous vacuum hose instead.

My brake master cylinder needs replacement. I understand that if I wait too long, it could leak brake fluid into the brake booster and the brake fluid could damage the rubber seals in the brake booster. Now I understand that there is a vacuum line from the engine intake to the brake booster. Is it possible that a leaking brake booster could result in brake fluid being pulled into the engine intake. if so, I imagine the results could be catastrophic.

post a picture of the kit, please. some of those BG "service" kits are for tool use only, and you might hurt something if you use one of (those) in your intake line like that. that is, unless, you know for sure that the kit you obtained was assembled with DIY in mind.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Appying BG 44K Emission Service Kit

Quote Originally Posted by bissellh
    Does anyone have experience applying the BG 44K Emission Service Kit to the engine in my 1992 BMW 525i E34 M50? I bought a kit that has: 1. fuel injecton cleaner that is added to the gas tank at fill up 2. air intake spray cleaner that is sprayed into the throttle body while engine is running 3. engine cleaner that is sucked into the intake while the engine is running and then left to soak the engine for 15 minutes before the engine is restarted. Does anyone know which vacumn line should be used to suck the engine cleaner into the intake of the engine?
    Here is a picture of the kit I bought on eBay. The seller sold about 20 of them as DIY kits. He e-mailed me application instructions. I was consulting the forum to work out the best line into the intake to use. However, if you think this kit is not suitable for me to do myself because I would be risking damage to my ar, please let me know.

That booster brake line I am going to use to apply this kit looks rather fragile with all the joints and crimp clamps. Any words of wisdom on how to remove that for the application without breaking anything?

Does anyone know if a leaking booster can result in brake fluid being pulled into the engine intake through the vacuum line?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast