GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Stop that leak

Default Stop that leak

I did it.No,not r&r the HC.I lined up the parts at the best price and was set to order them when i decided;" Hey, since I'm going to replace the HC and the water valves i may as well give some of that coolant leak seal stuff a try,it says safe for all plastic rubber and aluminum parts and it will not clog cooling system." In it goes, a half a bottle in the expansion tank as instructed drive off.Car was hot and i drove it up on the highway a bit then home. I was still smelling some coolant but less and guessed/hoped it was just residue.Parked it for an hour or so and took it up to the highway again and NO COOLANT SMELL!! Maybe it'll hold out the rest of Winter...
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

i duno that **** can have bad long term effects. i rather freeze my ass before putting that **** in.

like what? when i eventually replace the parts I'll flush the system like mofo.Oh, and believe me .. you don't really mean what you're saying.It was 11 degrees F when i was out there.The reason i took it for another drive was i had opened one door and the remote locking system wouldn't operate the door locks because they were frozen.I had to warm the car up enough just to be able to properly lock my doors. It is lethally cold out here for the next week or so.. I have to drive the car for work and the coolant leak was giving me a chemically induced headache.I hear breathing can have long term effects too.
    Last edited by Jehu; 01-26-2007 at 01:26 AM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. No real harm in trying it. People on the Saab message boards swear by Bars-Leaks. I have used it in the past with good results. It helped me get six months out of a volvo 740 with a bad head gasket once. When winter was over I changed the gasket but you really don't want to try that when it is 11 degrees. BTDT.
    1992 BMW 525iT (sold)
    1998 V70R