GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non starting M60

Default Non starting M60

Car fired up first thing this morning and run fine. After about 15 miles I stop for gas ( not that it was that low ) and then it won't start. Won't turn over or anything .All the lights on the dash light up but go to turn it over and nothing happens. Help ! Please ! Thanks !

You're going to need to do some more diagnostics before anyone can really help. It could be a duff starter motor. On the other hand, it could also be a bad connection (I've had a similar problem, even though my starter motor was fine - do a search for my posts).

Check your fuses first, then, does it clunk/click at all when you turn the key?

Do your lights dim at all when you turn the key?

Yeah... I would check the main fusible link first then go from there... basic starter diagnostic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Yeah... I would check the main fusible link first then go from there... basic starter diagnostic.

Had to dump it at a gas station and leave it to get to work without trying anythingout,other than someone trying to start it with a battery power pack/booster type thing. No click or anything,turn the key to the third position and nothing happens. I'll try a few things later.
    Thanks guys

Ok, so a mate went and looked at the car and was going to recover it back home for me. He tried to start the car and she went first time and run ok.So he then turns the car off and tries several times again and the car fires up fine each time. After a 20 min run or so, the car wont start each time unless its left to sit ( and cool down ? ). So it seems like something won't let it even crank over and fire up when hot. Any ideas ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Sidney Rough-Diamond; 01-23-2007 at 03:09 PM.

fusable link under rear seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Rough-Diamond
    Ok, so a mate went and looked at the car and was going to recover it back home for me. He tried to start the car and she went first time and run ok.So he then turns the car off and tries several times again and the car fires up fine each time. After a 20 min run or so, the car wont start each time unless its left to sit ( and cool down ? ). So it seems like something won't let it even crank over and fire up when hot. Any ideas ?

Thanks
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    fusable link under rear seat.
    That, or your starter solenoid is shafted and is only functioning while cold.

If that won't help i think the best way you can do is to try another computer.
    Allmost sure that will solve the problem.Bin there with my 530 a few years back.

Thanks for the suggestions,all. Past couple of days it's been ok,only to come back and bite me today when I needed it least. I pulled the rear seat and found the fuseable link, it looks ok to me.There is no corrosion or anything.I guess this is perhaps why it was suggested ?
    I'm not sure what to do with the starter motor, other than buy a complete new part and hope thats it. Can anything be done with the solenoid ? I hate to think how much the ECU would be,even second hand I guess they sell for good money.

Thanks for all the replies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast