GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Interesting question for the heavy rebuilders here...

Default Interesting question for the heavy rebuilders here... (Pics Added now!)

Anyone know what difference there is between two M50 heads - one is all smooth alu inside the casing, and the other is crosshatched with strengthening ridges?

Very strange, I've finally got my mitts on a pair of M50 heads for not much cash, and they appear to be different, I'll post photos shortly to let you see if noone knows...
    Last edited by Ferret; 01-20-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    Anyone know what difference there is between two M50 heads - one is all smooth alu inside the casing, and the other is crosshatched with strengthening ridges?

Very strange, I've finally got my mitts on a pair of M50 heads for not much cash, and they appear to be different, I'll post photos shortly to let you see if noone knows...
    How many temp. sensor holes does it have? Are the combustion chambers the same size? Do they both have a vanos unit? I think it would be better to see your pics....

HTH,

Shaun M

PIX!

Call me a numbnut if u want but I can't tell the difference - looks like the same head to me!

Cheers,
    Shaun M

It would still be nice if you took pics of both heads. This looks like two pics of the exact same head. I understand you said the inside of the other head is smooth, but it would still be nice to have pics of both.

Yeah, I thought it was some kind of 'spot the difference' quiz. I spent a good few minutes scrutinising both pictures and they looked exactly the same to me too. I think it's a trick question LOL! Is it April 1st yet?

Cheers,

Shaun M

I've got this image in my mind of Ferret walking to the boot of his green bimmer, pointing at the head and saying "There's head number one!" Then he walks walks a circle around the front of the car, comes back to the boot, points at the head and says, "And here in my other car is head number two!"

1997 535i V8
    5spd, OBC, A/C, cruise, BMW phone, factory M-Tech wheel & suspension, 18" Alpinas

Ha! That's what I should do in my occasional 'Guess the mystery part' postings! That'll get me some abuse!

Cheers,

Shaun M