GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valve Cover, Swaybars, Differentials, OH MY! (56k safe)

Default Valve Cover, Swaybars, Differentials, OH MY! (56k safe)

Well yesterday and today I've been a busy bee just doing various projects, amongst them was a LSD!

First Project: Painted Valve Covers
    Had the old ones laying around from my old engine that blew a few months back and decide to clean it up a bit. Used some hi-temp "wrinkle" paint and heated it up with a heat gun to enhance the wrinkle effect

Final Product:

Default Round 2

Second Project: Smoked Taillights
    Bought these on a whim off eBay for $100 shipped....not OE Hella but it'll do until I can find an authentic set somewhere at a decent price.

Final Product:

Third Project: Racing Dynamic Anti-Swaybars
    Got these off a guy who had them for 4 months but sold the car...the upgrade is pretty amazing in handling, dont really have a shot but heres a comparison of the rear...i was surprised how the stockies are quite puny in size...almost worthless IMO

Default Round 3

Fourth Project: 3.91 LSD
    I was helping my indy move some stuff around in his shop and stumbled upon a differential that kinda looked like one for the e34. I think it came out of an e32, it has a different bolt pattern, bigger spacing…soooo we swapped out the half shafts and the main plate that the driveshaft connects (name escapes me)…buttoned everything up and took it for a spin…and WOW what a difference…accelerates like a beast! I haven’t driven it long enough to notice how much the gas mileage have suffered but the increased acceleration around town is fun!

Out with old:

In with the new:

Also a question for those with RD Sways, do you rub at full turn lock?? I noticed that I am rubbing (i can see rubber on the sway)....trying to ponder a way control and ultimately shorten the amount of wheel turn...anybody got ideas?

i almost ran into a severe issue with rubbing trying to use a 750 mtech front bar (which i still have if anyone wants it) on mine.

the whiteline front doesnt rub, however i am running stock wheels.....

now all you gotta do is swap out your shock/spring combo and get some M3 calipers to match them wheels!
    Last edited by BillionPa; 01-20-2007 at 03:35 AM.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Also a question for those with RD Sways, do you rub at full turn lock?? I noticed that I am rubbing (i can see rubber on the sway)....trying to ponder a way control and ultimately shorten the amount of wheel turn...anybody got ideas?
    I have a set of RD greens and I do have a very slight rubbing at full lock. Only enough to rub off a small patch of green. It's been that way for 5 years with several driving schools in the mix, no ill effects at all.

Oh, my car is lowered and has 235/45/17 on e39 style 32 8.5" wheels on the front.

I like what you've done so far with your car...keep it up! I am jealous of the 3.91 though.

zmuff--1989 535i 5-speed--17" E39 Style 32's--JC chip--UUC Short Shift--
    --Racing Dynamics Springs & Sways--Bilsteins--Yorktown, VA

Busy day(s)

Car looks great, looks like you're going with the dark theme. Thought about shadowline yet? When I did my engine work last winter I repainted the valve covers, but stuck with the original color scheme. Quite a PITA to mask off the stripes and vice-versa. I like the wrinkle look, might have done it myself if I saw your pics.

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Quote Originally Posted by zmuff
    I have a set of RD greens and I do have a very slight rubbing at full lock.

Oh, my car is lowered
    Ditto on the slight rub. Lowered with 18 rims.

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

So you guys (and girls) live with the rubbing? I just dont want to burn through my tires on the inside...

im jealous... keep up the good work

on a scale of 1-10 how much better is cornering with the new sways?
    stock being a 5

1995 BMW 530ia/3.15lsd/M Parallels/Eibach/Bilstien/Magnaflow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast