GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Determining where to buy ethanol free gas?

Default Determining where to buy ethanol free gas?

I live in the Midwest, and pretty much all gas stations have their little "Contains up to 10% ethanol" sticker out.

I think I read somewhere shell v-power doesn't have ethanol, is this true even if the pump says it 'may' contain it?

I can't find any info about this on gas companies' websites, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I really would like to NOT be putting ethanol into my gas tank
    [1994 530i/5-Speed]

Default My area only the lower grades

contain ETOH.

move up to premium

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    contain ETOH.

move up to premium

I only use premium
    [1994 530i/5-Speed]

The gas blends are on a state or metro area basis, as mandated by the epa. I cannot find any sort of table to break it down on a state by state basis. In colorado, the winter fuels are required to be 10% ethanol, but not for summer. States like nebraska have (or at least used to!) to have 4 pumps 87 89(10% ethanol) 89 and 91. The higher the compression ratio the better when dealing with ethanol blended fuels. My m50 525 seems to be fine on the stuff, but i have seen older lower compression cars that run like junk on the winter fuel (my dad's old volvo 740) Look up the rules for your surrounding area, they may be required to sell fuel with ethanol.

Quote Originally Posted by colo525i
    The gas blends are on a state or metro area basis, as mandated by the epa. I cannot find any sort of table to break it down on a state by state basis. In colorado, the winter fuels are required to be 10% ethanol, but not for summer. States like nebraska have (or at least used to!) to have 4 pumps 87 89(10% ethanol) 89 and 91. The higher the compression ratio the better when dealing with ethanol blended fuels. My m50 525 seems to be fine on the stuff, but i have seen older lower compression cars that run like junk on the winter fuel (my dad's old volvo 740) Look up the rules for your surrounding area, they may be required to sell fuel with ethanol.
    I looked & couldn't find any friggen info, it's tickin' me off. I am pretty certain my area does require it in the winter. My car doesn't run any markedly worse though, just don't want to put the crap in my car that wasn't designed for it.
    [1994 530i/5-Speed]

i have a list for all minnesota stations carrying it, but nowhere else.

V-Power 92 is the only one i can get around here, and its in both ethanol and eth free varieties, so they do make both.

the eth free will have a big sign on the hose that says "NO ETHANOL"

go from shell to shell i guess.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

good luck with it, here in michigan we had to deal with this crap for a dozen years, all i recommend id get the winter fuel outta there before summer heat.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy