GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Like a crackhead, I am hooked (long read)

Default Like a crackhead, I am hooked (long read)

First of all I would like to thank Bruno and the other outstanding members of this forum for the information within. It has been so helpful with the purchase and repairs so far that I havent needed to post much.
    I would also like to introduce myself formally. My name is Derek and I am a BimmerHolic. Well, now I am. About 3 weeks ago I purchased my first E34 because I have always loved the timeless style bla bla bla. Anyway it was quickly stripped off my hands by my Fiance. Now normally I'd be pissed off to have the ultimate driving machine not be 'my' car. Don't worry fellas, there's good news! She no longer wants the fuel sucking POS SUV anymore and truly appreciates the car for the machine that it is. But in typical female fashion, she has to complain about something. "I just wish it were a 5 speed", she says.
    Soooo, I drive it on occasion and I too think it is the best vehicle I have ever driven, now I must find another.
    Came across a green '91 M50 5 speed yesterday and methinks I shall have it It needs some work, window regulator clips, driver's door lock microswitch, a good cleaning and headlamp lenses. Nothing too major.
    I know, I know, this thread is worthless without pics and they will come.
    I will be doing a write-up on the detailing and repairs to contribute to the board instead of being a life sucking, question asking, nOOb.
    So, my thanks and greetings to all.
    -Derek

welcome!

TC535i Guest

What are the symptoms of a bad door microswitch? Trying to track down some strange issues with my rear door and interior lights...

the drivers door key turns and nothing happens.
    from what i have read, the key is not mechanically connected to the lock but triggers a microswitch which sends a signal to the central locking (general module?) then operates the lock actuators (solenoid part that does the locking/unlocking)
    The doors unlock/lock fine from the trunk or passenger door. I have yet to buy the car, thinking of going by and making an offer tonight or tomorrow.

Welcome to the board!

Not to hijack this thread or anything, have you found somewhere to buy the microswitch? I need one as well and the dealer will be a last resort for me.

Default Hi, my name is Bob

and I am a Bimmeraholic too.

I am up to two e34s now, a sedan and a touring.
    I often find myself searching the papers and craigslist for more E34s and have even been tempted by an E31.

I think my family is considering intervention....I hear them all whispering when I am in the garage with my E34s.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    Welcome to the board!

Not to hijack this thread or anything, have you found somewhere to buy the microswitch? I need one as well and the dealer will be a last resort for me.
    noooo stay away from the dealer!!!
    so many E34s parting out, plus i'm sure that the part is same for many models.
    check out this link: http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/door...croswitch.html