GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

View Poll Results: WHAT TO DO... WHAT TO DO?!?!

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep The E34 and Fix it (about $1,500 in labor and parts)

34 85.00%
  • Buy a 2001 oe 2002 330ci

1 2.50%
  • Buy a X5 3.0i

0 0%
  • Buy a X5 4.4i

1 2.50%
  • Buy a M3 (2001)

4 10.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HHHHMMMMM.....what to do?!

Default HHHHMMMMM.....what to do?!

okay so for the last month ive been reading about bushings, thrust arms, control arms, leaks and all sorts of goodies that relate to me e34...

but at this time im kinda stuck on what to do with the whole car situation...

my dad tells me that i should keep my car cause its still pretty good but at the same time i dont want the e34 to keep having problems back to back after i fix it all...

so ive been researching and reading reviews on the cars in the poll and was wondering what everyones feelings are on them....

i know they are totally different from each other but ANY feedback would be great! =)

Thanks!

oh yea....

ps. the newer cars require me to get a loan but i could fix my car with the money i have in the bank

Default Whatever you buy you'll still

need to do maintenace on it on top of the loan payments.

Keep the E34 ...it's paid for

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

if u can afford all those other new cars then an E34 will be a lot easier. Big deal it needs a few things. Just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    need to do maintenace on it on top of the loan payments.

Keep the E34 ...it's paid for

Like the man said...

The other thing to remember is that, with the exception of the X5 3.0, all of the alternatives to keeping the E34 are going to cost more in maintenance. E46 window regulators are garbage, suspension components go...the list goes on and on. Don't even get me started on the V8 X5s -- I like the way the drive, but the maintenance will kill you unless you do it yourself.

At the same time, if you don't like your existing car, then you should get rid of it and buy something you like.

For me, whatever benefits come from owning a newer car do not outweigh the loss of dollars from my wallet or indebitedness to a bank. So I keep my 16 year old, quarter of a million mile car. It's a blast to drive, too.

I think you should go fix all the things wrong with your E34, at least make it as good condition as you can get it. Drive it around for a couple of months, and if you don't want it then, then sell it. With the money you get from it, you can put it towards a newer BMW.

I haven't driven many BMWs newer than the E34, but from what I've heard a lot turn back to the more classic BMWs, especially the E34. You never know you have a good thing until it's gone.

It's a test... I know it. A big fat test.

Sneaky sneaky!
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Get an x5, 4.4, I dare ya. this morning, I replaced the radiator in the wife's x5 4.4; I do not enjoy working on that thing. Have a look at all the coolant hoses sometime. They basically cannot be reattached, or even seperated. I've replaced the coolant tank, oh 3 times.
    The newer m3 might be a decent alternative. I think the e36 m3 has the best steering response ever. It also has the cheapest interior build ever. With a little maintenance, I think the e34 535 is a very reliable, enjoyable car to tote the family around in.
    Hope this helps in some way.
    erased due to slander

I just got my e34 540 back with a new clutch and flywheel.Cost me $1,900.00. I looked long and hard for what i wanted. I was in and out of some hairy outfits banging my head till i saw my Chariot.It was love at first sight. I drove a 2001 328 and while i liked it it was a tight fit for me but i couldn't steer you away from that M3 personally.Think of it like this,there is a virtual limitless supply of money to be made. If you can put your hands on what it takes, don't feel over burdened if you can live with the obligations. If you value being able to stay in bed any morning you feel like it over realizing you owe a creditor and have to go earn his money or face financial ruin then you should keep the E34.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Default Stay away from the E46s

a friend just uncovered the dreaded rear sub frame mount failure.

Only 60k on the car.

He is now talking to BMW to see if they will fix it.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast