GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: if i am lucky i might get one of these tomorrow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default if i am lucky i might get one of these tomorrow

http://www.oshkoshequipment.com/jeep_m715.htm

one of our dealer buddys stopped in for some parts today and in passing conversation said he had a old miliatry truck with a dead motor, and the boss piped up winfreds looking for something different in a truck, on the way home i checked it out and it's bitchen, 7/67 m715 kaiser jeep not a speck of rust and it doesn't look wrecked $1800, i won't pass this up, it's not just a truck it's a bad ass 5/4 ton 4wd truck. it looks like a x forestry service truck
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i wonder what civillian application these have

http://www.oshkoshequipment.com/surplus_bodybag.htm
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Oh.....I can think of a few......

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    i wonder what civillian application these have

http://www.oshkoshequipment.com/surplus_bodybag.htm
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Default i'd like to think....

that the civilians that need them already sourced them from somewhere else, and do not need to rely on a military surplus jobber to get em....huntin' carcuses maybe? i don't think i'd like to meet the average joe that needs one of these around "just in case". if there's a hurricane that snuffs my mortal spirit out, i'd like to have gawkers post my pics on rotten.com. just kidding.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default I'll do my best......

Most times, at death scenes, the body(s) are removed by the Medical Examiner's Office people, but occasionally they contract out to private companies, whom we affectionately call "The Ghouls". They both use new stuff, but we have a warehouse that has some Military surplus stuff that we get as leftovers. There's all sorts of stuff, coveralls, gas masks, blankets, boots, gloves.....all sorts of crap. You just never know when an airliner will nose-dive into the Everglades again....or whatever. When I was on the Value-Jet crash recovery, it was nice to be able to go to the office first in jeans and a t-shirt, change into a clean pair of coveralls and boots, go to the swamp for 6 hours, go back to the office and shower and get back into comphy clothes and go home and sleep. I did that for five weeks straight.

The fun never ends!

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

that had to suck on so many different levels, mom and i had to clean up a trailer after a death (it had been a while too) for those who deal with DBO on a semi daily basis, i feel for you, i don't know what's worse the ****ing flys or the fact that you can taste the smell

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C.
    go to the swamp for 6 hours, go back to the office and shower and get back into comphy clothes and go home and sleep. I did that for five weeks straight.

The fun never ends!

Brian C.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

this is cool http://www.collegeinternetsolutions....c/6btfj60.html
    in my reasearch into the wonderful world of the 6bt 5.9 cummins, i found this toyota land crusher with a early 6bt (only 160 hp + 400flb) i am not sure which is cooler, the crusher with the 6bt or the fj with the modded (700flb) 4bt elsewear on the site

heres a restored one with a 4 cylinder cummins
    http://homepage.mac.com/ltalessi/PhotoAlbum58.html

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    this is cool http://www.collegeinternetsolutions....c/6btfj60.html
    in my reasearch into the wonderful world of the 6bt 5.9 cummins, i found this toyota land crusher with a early 6bt (only 160 hp + 400flb) i am not sure which is cooler, the crusher with the 6bt or the fj with the modded (700flb) 4bt elsewear on the site
    No matter what, that beat out what the FJ's had in them from the factory!

Big Cummins 6's are cool...I like NTC-350 that Jesse James pulled from a Freight and turned into a Monster Trike!

Winfred, keep us posted on the 5.9!

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

i like how he wanted to make a bike till he finally realized what a heavy big monster that motor was

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast