GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: removing injector harness on M60

Default removing injector harness on M60

I've got the harness released from the injectors, but the passenger side harness is difficult to remove because a large bundle of wires that enters it at the firewall side is rather tight. I'd appreciate any tips of guidance on how to get this out of the way so I can remove the intake/fuel rail.

I do see a few connectors buried deep in there that I may be able to release, but I'm not certain what they are or even if they'll help.
    '94 540I 6spd/205000 miles

I was able to pull the harness far enoug out of the way to squeek the fuel rail out. Not remembering the exact method, it wasnt real easy. think there was a bolt holding the harness at the back somewhere that gave it about an extra inch to move.

Quote Originally Posted by bbig119
    I've got the harness released from the injectors, but the passenger side harness is difficult to remove because a large bundle of wires that enters it at the firewall side is rather tight. I'd appreciate any tips of guidance on how to get this out of the way so I can remove the intake/fuel rail.

I do see a few connectors buried deep in there that I may be able to release, but I'm not certain what they are or even if they'll help.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks Jeff, I'll give it another look
    '94 540I 6spd/205000 miles

On the passenger side i only pull them back this far

Quote Originally Posted by bbig119
    Thanks Jeff, I'll give it another look

When I did my intake gaskets, I clipped the two or 3 wires at the front of the drivers side electrical box. One of the how to's I used said "I hope you have the guts to cut!", lol. Then you can lift it up and over as in this pic:

You cannot remove the passenger side hareness completely. You just remove the big circlar connector. The wire to the circular connector will go through a plastic clip that is fastened to PCV plate. Remove the torx screw wich holds the plastic clip.

Have you removed four nuts that hold fuel rail and injector harness together? If so now you will be able to slide the hareness slightly upwards and have room to remove intake and fuel rail.

Arun
    530i / Nikasil M60 3 Ltr Motor / ZF5HP18 (A5S 310Z) Tranny / Prod: March 95 / Fully stock / 95K miles