GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bimmer magazine - worth the trouble?

Default Bimmer magazine - worth the trouble?

I just got a glossy solicitation to subscribe to Bimmer Magazine. I am not really eager to have another magazine, but the promo they sent makes it look interesting. Anyone read this? Is it good enough that I'll think it's worth the time to read it?

IMO, the best. Past issues have had purchasing guides for almost all the popular BMW models including the e28, e34 and e39. Always some sort of interesting info. I find it more useful than the Roundel from BMWCCA. Just my opinion.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

TC535i Guest

And my girlfriend's car got a 5-pg spread in the Feb 07 issue. Reason enough for me!

It's a good magazine worthy of adding to your BMW reading list. Of course at least five of their listed "contributors" are the same writers who you may be used to reading in Roundel. Most of these pull double-duty with Bimmer, so I may not be the most objective critic on the content. Of course I'd suggest it as a supplement to BMW CCA membership since membership includes local chapter membership and events, as well as the monthly Roundel magazine, and these are the true advantages of BMW CCA membership. And remember, a Bimmer subscription is for only eight issues a year, unlike the twelve you get with Roundel and your BMW CCA membership (their current issue is already February 2007, for instance, there was no January...or September...or... And Bimmer has fewer pages and a higher ad-to-editorial ratio than Roundel, if that matters to you.).

Roundel is a bit more than a magazine subscription; in fact it's not a subscription at all and you can only get it by joining BMW CCA. It's a lot like life: You get out of it what you're willing to put into it. Remind me: Which magazine had an article about the E34 meet??

Good magazine but they put the February issue out in November :shifty
    Zac

Quote Originally Posted by TC535i
    And my girlfriend's car got a 5-pg spread in the Feb 07 issue. Reason enough for me!
    this her by chance?

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=645868

Yep thats Kim
    Zac

TC535i Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OneBeLow
    Maybe. I have no idea who that handsome gent in her avatar is...

I took that picture.

Thanks, guys - I'll give it a shot. I'm already a BMWCCA member, so Roundel is a fixture for me - I love the high quality photos.

I dunno. I'm still on the fence. I got my 1 trial issue, and about 2 weeks later a second issue. I thought, "cool they sent me the new one instead of the one i already have had for a month".

I wasn't sure If I was interested, so I didn't re up. Now I got a note and they want me to buy the other 6 issues for $20. Um, no, Bimmer. you sent me a month+ old issue after the new one came out as a trial. Then you made it right and sent me the current issue. SIO I say no thanks, maybe I'll subscribe some other day...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast