GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door panel pieces...

Default Door panel pieces...

My drivers side door panel has been flapping around so I bought some of the little plastic clips hoping that a few were broken. Turns out when I got the panel off, like half the black plastic pieces (glued to the panel) that hold the clips were missing. I would post a picture but I don't have a camera... Anybody know what I'm talking about. Where can I get these pieces? Or am I just screwed?
    Last edited by danielhstout; 12-07-2006 at 08:06 PM.

dealer should be able to order them. Very common for them to seperate from the dood panel. I could not readly identify them in Realoem.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

This was recently (month ago?) discussed. I'm not sure if a part # was provided in the thread, but I believe someone mentioned that they could be found at the dealer. Might want to do a search in case there is a part #.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

I did a search before I posted to no avil and sadly the parts guy at my local stealer is a total idiot. Thanks for the replys though at least i know they exist.

51411973500 That is the number from real oem. shows a price of $.33 a piece. I played the "starving student" card, and they cut me a break on 10 of them so they were only $2. they "twist" into the slots on the door, goofy but it holds the door on.

Quote Originally Posted by colo525i
    51411973500 That is the number from real oem. shows a price of $.33 a piece. I played the "starving student" card, and they cut me a break on 10 of them so they were only $2. they "twist" into the slots on the door, goofy but it holds the door on.
    I believe the original poster is looking for the black pieces that are glued to the door panel, not the white twist-in spikes. Realoem does not list these in the door trim section. Perhaps you'll have to pay the wrecker a visit and pop a few off from one of their cars?

Dealer can order the black pieces. They can find them even if we cannot in RealOem. Perhaps an ETK has them in an easy to find location. My ETK is at home on an old seldom used computer or I would check.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by Rus
    I believe the original poster is looking for the black pieces that are glued to the door panel, not the white twist-in spikes. Realoem does not list these in the door trim section. Perhaps you'll have to pay the wrecker a visit and pop a few off from one of their cars?
    Yep, looking for the black pieces...

durrrr sorry guess i'm not paying attention. I'd check a junkyard for the pieces, don't see how they would have fallen out, maybe when the door was pulled shut? You should be able to salvage them from another E34 door, just make sure to epoxy them so they don't come loose again

I think the PO did some work inside the door and was just careless. I call thre dealer... i dont want to have to go to a parts yard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast