GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 4.10 LSD in a 95 525ia with ASC+T?

Default 4.10 LSD in a 95 525ia with ASC+T?

Does it make sense to install a 4.10 LSD in a 95 525i auto that already has ASC+T?

Are there any issues with having both? I remember reading somewhere that they could interfere with each other.

Your just going to end up with a VERY well footed car in all conditions, the traction control is going to be working alot less.
    11/88 535iA

ASC+T helps the car stay in control by reducing power when you lose traction.

LSD helps the casr stay in control by increasing the upper limit where handling is lost.

they are complementary technologies.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

I would take LSD over ASC+T in a heartbeat. It actually improves traction rather than controlling power. But yes, they are complementary and can work with one another.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

ditto, you can actually get into more trouble with asc, id prefer a real diff pulling both wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I would take LSD over ASC+T in a heartbeat. It actually improves traction rather than controlling power. But yes, they are complementary and can work with one another.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Thanks for the info!

I'm thinking of getting one... is the 4.10 ratio a good one for a 95 525ia or is that too low?

you probably have a 4.10 right now, theres usually a tag on one of the bolts holding the cover on the back, if not slightly more then 4 turns of the driveshaft per one complete turn of BOTH back tires would confirm 4.10
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    you probably have a 4.10 right now, theres usually a tag on one of the bolts holding the cover on the back, if not slightly more then 4 turns of the driveshaft per one complete turn of BOTH back tires would confirm 4.10
    Thanks Winfred!