GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love when people ask if my car is a 2000.....

Default I love when people ask if my car is a 2000.....

Then I tell them it is a 94' and they just can't believe it..............

Default 1998 is the highest so far, the style 5s help, then i tell them its a 90

its always a great feeling.

Same hear mine they don't believe me when I tell them it is 12 years old! (92' 535i w/5sp)
    ...they think I make way to much money when I drive the Red Bitch to Work!

P.S when I tell them I paid 9K for it a year ago w/ 64k on the clock they almost have a Heart Attack!
    Last edited by califblue; 04-17-2004 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by califblue
    Same hear mine they don't believe me when I tell them it is 12 years old! (92' 535i w/5sp)
    ...they think I make way to much money when I drive the Red Bitch to Work!

Try my '89 525. I ask people to guess the year, and they usually think its at least a '95. Plus there's the fact that I'm a youngun 18 year old driving a Bimmer, and I would assume that most people think I'm a spoiled little kid. For $6000 it was a steal.

http://members.cardomain.com/bmwspde34

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

So, how many of you get the **** about "well, it must be nice to be able to drive a BMW" or crap along the lines of that? Usually comes from the people who just spent $40,000 on a truck. Then I tell them it's 9 years old and they don't believe me.
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Default I underplay it after they dont believe its mine...

I just say "see what I got for $8000?" then they really think im full of it.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Bet they will not say that about the new 5 series. It may become dated rather quickly like Chrysler cars.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default When I pull up in my 94 525i

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony 94 525i
    Then I tell them it is a 94' and they just can't believe it..............
    I am in the design and construction field, and if I show up to a job in my wife's $37000 SUV no one says a word but when I drive up in my $9000 94 525i they look at me like I am a thief........

Yep, I get all sorts of grief about the 5er. Funny thing is, they don't react to the Land Cruiser like that, and it's worth more than the 530, even with 150k on the clock.

Just goes to show, people are clueless.

Almost all my coworkers make comments about the BMW, which is 10 years old, and I paid cash for it, while they are making payments on their new Camry or Accord which was well over $20k !!! They too could have had a nice 5-series or 3-series, but they don't want to hear that. BTW, these folks are financial analyst for a living, but don't know how to manage their own money !!

Then there are the comments my Dad gets on his 1998 740i that he bought with 40k mi. on it for $22k. Everyone thinks it's new and that he dropped serious cash on it.

The general public doesn't do any research on anything. If you happen to know of a good way to get a serious car for reasonable money, you're the jerk for owning the German car, not them even though they are talking about things they don't know anything about.
    Robert Callaway
    Dallas, TX
    '94 530im 143k mi
    '94 Land Cruiser FZJ-80 202k mi.

"If I could have back all the time and money I ever spent on cars.......I'd spend it all on cars."

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

I had a former boss who bought a brand new Ford minivan, paid like 28K for it. Hey, I got a minivan too so I wanted to check it out. When I told her it was really nice she says" Well, we can't afford a BMW". I told her I'd trade her even up for the minivan. She didn't get it. This is even better though. Their first minivan they leased for 3 years, then bought it from the dealer and traded it back to the dealer a year and 1/2 later and bought a new van for $28000. And I'm the one who drives an expensive car? because I bought a used BMW and haven't made a payment in years.
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast