GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: How do you remove the complete front passenger carpet?

Default How do you remove the complete front passenger carpet?

Hey everyone,

How do you remove the complete front passenger carpet ? and is it difficult to do ?

many thanks

Fraser

the carpet is one big piece from the firewall to the front of the back seat, you need to remove all of the console and the front seats, the door sills and front lower speaker panels, you will need to cut the carpet close around the hvac box so you can get it out of the car, if you don't cut it you need to remove the dash discharge the ac and take the firewall apart, i always cut it, you don't see the cut once the console is installed and it has no effect on anything
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

sounds easy enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    the carpet is one big piece from the firewall to the front of the back seat, you need to remove all of the console and the front seats, the door sills and front lower speaker panels, you will need to cut the carpet close around the hvac box so you can get it out of the car, if you don't cut it you need to remove the dash discharge the ac and take the firewall apart, i always cut it, you don't see the cut once the console is installed and it has no effect on anything
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

plan on at least a day if you are not really good at it if not a weekend

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    sounds easy enough...
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Took the carpet out from my parts E32. It is also glued on slightly in the area of the trans tunnel. and fire wall.

i've not noticed glue on any of the e34s or 3 series i've done, i can't remember doing a complete removal on a e32 so i can't speak for those

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Took the carpet out from my parts E32. It is also glued on slightly in the area of the trans tunnel. and fire wall.

Here you can see it, for example the white stuff on the metal under the hand brake handle is glue
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/270025/