GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had their E34 Stolen?

The way I look at it, is if somebody is gonna steal a car, their gonna steal it. They're not gonna waste their time trying to rig the car to get it going or pick the locks or any of that nonsense. You pull up with a tow truck and just walk away. It's inconspicuous and so no one wil question it. Same goes for those high end Mercedes Benz that have no actual keys and instead have the plastic key fobs in place. Somebody who wants that car will walk away with it, and just part the car out at a chop shop. The typical alarm really only protects somebody from items on the interior of the vehicle being stolen.

In the UK if they want the car, they get it. Two main methods are to lift it with a Hiab onto a lowloader or to break into the owners house and get the keys.

A particular favourite in Manchester is to be sitting at traffic lights and have a gun put through the window in your face. Happens with Scoobies and Lancers all the time.

I have hotwired my e34 and it's hardly the most demanding task to do. To be honest I am suprised more e34's were not stolen. Nowerdays they are too old and slow to be bothered with.
    1997 e39 523SEi touring.

i wish i knew my code. i only use the code button to clear the obc info on the dash. hopefully a dealer will be able to tell me the code if i give them vin number details etc.it would be good to be able to set it, bit of extra security i suppose. i do have the factory alarm/immobilizer fitted and the car spends most of the time in the garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdE34
    i wish i knew my code. i only use the code button to clear the obc info on the dash. hopefully a dealer will be able to tell me the code if i give them vin number details etc.it would be good to be able to set it, bit of extra security i suppose. i do have the factory alarm/immobilizer fitted and the car spends most of the time in the garage

You set the code yourself when you immobilise the car, then type the same code in when you want to start it again. Its not a factory set number.

Quote Originally Posted by saj3n
    Yea?! So I'm not alone!!! :-D YAY! now, if one of us has the time to take the door apart and see what's really going on. :-P
    Same thing here.I really don't know what it is i replaced the rubbers and now its gone.

Is that so? Where did you pick the rubbers up? I may have to give this a shot.
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

That,my friend,is a problem.I live in Belgium.But i went to the stealer and surpricely it was less than 50 dollar.Otherwise try a junkyard.

How do you set the code?

Quote Originally Posted by indierthanthou
    How do you set the code?
    Engine off, key in position 1, press 'Code,' use the numbered keys on the OBC to create a four digit number, press 'S/R'. Code light will light up.

When you get back in the car, turn key to position 1 or 2, type code using number keys, press 'Code' and gooooooooo.

What I can't tell you is if the 1989 actually had this function heh...
    Last edited by Traian; 10-19-2006 at 11:23 PM.

damn i wish i knew that, not that my car was ever stolen but i never got to use it when i had the car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast