GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had their E34 Stolen?

Default Anyone had their E34 Stolen?

Was reading through a few old threads while looking for information on reapring the rear defroster lines, when I came across a story of an E34 being stolen in NYC, http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...ight=defroster

I wanted to know if anyone has had their E34 stolen, and has their CODE been armed or disarmed when it happened.

Quite frankly, I just want to know how full proof the CODE function is.
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

I think the PO of my car had it stolen or just broken into. Not only am I missing a section of rubber sealer trim on the back drivers side triangle window, but multiple palces where you could see a slim jim was yanked under the window/trim, bending it and making my chrome trim not look straight. As well as my pillars, I had to replace one because it looked like someone took a bite out fo the side and pushed outwards.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Hmmmm.... makes me wonder about my front passenger window, the thing is either off its tracks (alot), motor not pushing the window up in all places at once, or someone tried to break it.... when rolling the windows up, it tends to go outside of the rubber lining, and ends up a little bit over the top portion of the door. Leaving a gap between the window and door, an opening where water, debris, can enter. Just recently its starting going the opposite way, inside the vehicle. (pics to follow)
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

A follow BMWPDX club E34 owner has the same problem, I'm really not sure what causes that, I've got it too.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

if you figure out how to do the valet code preset thing, if you set it to 10mph anyone that tries to drive it will bum out. If they trailer it thats a different story.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Yea?! So I'm not alone!!! :-D YAY! now, if one of us has the time to take the door apart and see what's really going on. :-P

Hmm I'm not to familiar with this setup, let me search to see if I can find any info on the Valet preset.

the tralier scenario has become very popular of late. in particular the majority of the stolen vehicle work we investigated last year were the mitsubishi lancers. all riced up and stock ones too. folks are putting thier faith in the immobilsor technoligy and forgoing alarms. as a result the thieves dont even bother trying to break in they just pull up and drag them onto a tilt tray. passing motorists think nothing of seing a vehicle being put onto a tray.

as for e34,s have never heard of one stolen to date

mine was taken for a joyride before i owned it,a new clutch,some gearbox work and new brakes were required
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    if you figure out how to do the valet code preset thing, if you set it to 10mph anyone that tries to drive it will bum out. If they trailer it thats a different story.
    Valet code? Intrigued. So they think they have your car, but it barely goes anywhere lol.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast