GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Sachs kit missing parts?

NJHokie Guest

Default Sachs kit missing parts?

Ordered the Sachs kit from BMA and it came with the shocks, springs and collar nuts. Nothing more. I was under the impression (lowell's site?) that front 22mm sheaths, rear spring pans and modified front bump stops were included as well? Contacted Pat and he said it differs from car to car.
    Luckily the dealer has some bump stops in stock that i'm going to pick up tomorrow morning before I start this project.

how much was the kit?

did you order upper and lower spring pads?

how about rear shock mounts (and possibly front strut mounts)
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Which are the correct bump stops for your car (if it was ordered with M-tech suspension- this is what the sashs kit is, short of the thinner front springs pads and M-car rear trailing arms and bushes).

Don't put the wrong ones on unless you want to ride them instead of the springs! (Now it will have lowered springs you might need to get shortened stops...)

Rear mounts you will definately need, I'd suggest dog bones too since you are going in might as well do them too. Nick
    Last edited by genphreak; 10-13-2006 at 05:41 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

NJHokie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    how much was the kit?

did you order upper and lower spring pads?

how about rear shock mounts (and possibly front strut mounts)
    It was $690 shipped. Ok deal I guess?
    I did not order spring pads because Pat advised they should still be ok. I'll see when I got in there. My car only has 60k on it so i'm thinking everything should be in decent shape.
    I did order new rear shock mounts and bump stops. I found the part #'s on realoem and confirmed on pelican/bma. I got the standard stops, i did not have an Mtech suspension.
    Dog bones huh? I'll see if the dealer has them.
    Thanks guys.

stock bumpstops will be too tall...
    http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/Bumpstops.htm
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

NJHokie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    wow, i really need to cut the stock front stops down like this and glue back together?
    i read your linked post, just cutting the bottom off won't work? cause i'll probably have to wait a day for the glue to dry.

order the stops and glue them then do the swap over. you wont like the stock stops in there, riding on them is like sticking boards instead of shocks in them.

Quote Originally Posted by NJHokie
    wow, i really need to cut the stock front stops down like this and glue back together?
    i read your linked post, just cutting the bottom off won't work? cause i'll probably have to wait a day for the glue to dry.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

NJHokie Guest

what about using m5 stops? they are shorter right? just more expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by NJHokie
    Ordered the Sachs kit from BMA and it came with the shocks, springs and collar nuts. Nothing more. I was under the impression (lowell's site?) that front 22mm sheaths, rear spring pans and modified front bump stops were included as well? Contacted Pat and he said it differs from car to car.
    Luckily the dealer has some bump stops in stock that i'm going to pick up tomorrow morning before I start this project.
    Bump stops are for pussies... I/m rolling w/o bump stops now for many thousands of miles mang and i say **bleep** you bump stops you ain't all that!
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95