GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: The mystery connector quiz - round 2!

Default The mystery connector quiz - round 2!

OK, following on from my last 'mystery plug' competition - which was the O2 sensor plug, can anyone identify this connector? As you can see it is tucked away behind the l/h headlight cover. I can make out some wire colours (I think!). They appear to be RED/GREEN, RED/BLACK, BLACK/GREY, BLUE/BLACK, GREEN/BLUE/YELLOW, 2X VIOLET/GREY

The car is a 1990 M20B20 manual. xxxxBB57501

Thanks,

Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by E34-520iSE
    OK, following on from my last 'mystery plug' competition - which was the O2 sensor plug, can anyone identify this connector? As you can see it is tucked away behind the l/h headlight cover. I can make out some wire colours (I think!). They appear to be RED/GREEN, RED/BLACK, BLACK/GREY, BLUE/BLACK, GREEN/BLUE/YELLOW, 2X VIOLET/GREY

The car is a 1990 M20B20 manual. xxxxBB57501

Thanks,

Shaun
    That looksl ike the connector on my MAF. Also looks similar to the one on my Cruise Control box.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    That looks like the connector on my MAF. Also looks similar to the one on my Cruise Control box.
    Same connector , just does a different function -erm, nothing!

Keep those guesses coming!

Shaun

looks like the plug that the early cars use to dissconnect the bumper harness from the car, unless your car has some missing stuff not sure why theres nothing plugged into it
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Missing stuff? Bumper harness? Tell me more Winfred! On my bumper the only electricals are the standard fit SE fog lights.

Cheers,

Shaun

I have been studying a 1991 535 wiring diagram and I think I have found the purpose of some of the wires. GREY/VIOLET powers the bumper mounted sidelight and GREY/BLACK operates the under hood light. My car has neither of these items fitted. I just wish there was an M20B20 wiring diagram published **sigh**

Cheers,

Shaun

some cars had the temp probe, fog lights and markers and maybe some other crapola going to a big plug that looks like that one in about that part of the car, i know the euro cars didn't have markers

Quote Originally Posted by E34-520iSE
    Missing stuff? Bumper harness? Tell me more Winfred! On my bumper the only electricals are the standard fit SE fog lights.

Cheers,

Shaun
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

It looks like my o2 sensor plug.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Has anyone here got one of these front looms? Anyone broke an early 5 series recently? PM me and we'll talk $/£/euros.

Cheers,

Shaun