GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M60: quick intake question so I can get the manifold off

Hey if you want to come up to my house tomorrow or sunday between 9am and 3 feel free to join in the fun! There will probably be around 5 guys here both days, all working on BMW's.

Shoot me a PM or Email. I think you have my # too.
    Zac

Finishing buttoning everything up. I have an extra 2-pole connector at the passenger side electrical box. I know that people w/out ASC have an extra one, I have ASC. Did I miss something or is this connector normal?

Quote Originally Posted by brosher
    Finishing buttoning everything up. I have an extra 2-pole connector at the passenger side electrical box. I know that people w/out ASC have an extra one, I have ASC. Did I miss something or is this connector normal?

eh, when i did that i think i had like 3 or 4 connectors just laying around.

make sure the TPS is connected.

Lol ok. Everything runs fine with out it so I think I'm good. Need to wait for tomorrow morning's cold start to see if the problem was solved.

OK, need to consult the M60 gurus again.

Cold morning start this morning was difficult. It sputtered and wanted to die unless I gave it gas. I had this problem when I first got the car but a check valve mostly eliminated the problem. I am thinking I am losing pressure overnight and this got worse from the messing with the fuel lines I did.

Also for the first few revs in the morning I am hearing a quick squeak that sounds like a belt. I will need to get under the hood in the morning, but I didn't touch the belts so why would this be brought on? Or is it just a coincidence?

Good news is the intake gaskets seem to have eliminated my CEL and idle issues when the ambient temp is low. I'm still skeptical but this morning was A-OK as far as that is concerned.

Thanks!

did you reset the computer when you got it together? Sort of sounds like an intake leak... when I redid my intake gaskets I forgot to tighten the clamps on the intake piping and it ran code free for a couple months before getting that damn CEL thing.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Had a similar problem a few months back. Check archives.
    Even with the lock ring in place, check the pipe that runs from the front of the engine to the PCV plate. It needs to be seated towards the firewall. You can access it from the front and tap it till the O-rings seat on the PCV plate. You'll hear it seat itself.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

good call, i remember that thing and it took a while for me to figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MBXB
    Had a similar problem a few months back. Check archives.
    Even with the lock ring in place, check the pipe that runs from the front of the engine to the PCV plate. It needs to be seated towards the firewall. You can access it from the front and tap it till the O-rings seat on the PCV plate. You'll hear it seat itself.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I didn't reset the computer but the battery was disconnected overnight while it was apart. I'll double check the clamps.

If the oil pipe isn't seated is that essentially a leak? It looked like it was just for drain back.

Default Oil Pipe O-ring

There's an O ring on either end.
    #9 is the one that needs to seat over the PCV plate nipple or you'll have a leak.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...91&hg=11&fg=15

Quote Originally Posted by brosher
    I didn't reset the computer but the battery was disconnected overnight while it was apart. I'll double check the clamps.

If the oil pipe isn't seated is that essentially a leak? It looked like it was just for drain back.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast