GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: the Mystery Number

Default the Mystery Number

This is what Turner Motorsport told me was THE number i needed to "give to BMW" to get information for them or anyone to program a modified Chip for my M60. I figured you all enjoy the unusual so have a ball figuring this one out. The number Ken wrote down off my DME is; 1744050. It doesn't resemble the usual DME numbers you need to have a chip made so i don't know what i was supposed to ask BMW what to give me with this number. I got the impression there is actual software a copy of which I'd be asking BMW to give me from the programming of my present chip which would then allow someone like Mark D or Turner's Team to program a new one but I'd like to avoid calling BMW with insufficient information so am i basically on the right track or am i all $@&%$ed up??
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

what number is that? I never saw reference anywhere to a number resembling that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    This is what Turner Motorsport told me was THE number i needed to "give to BMW" to get information for them or anyone to program a modified Chip for my M60. I figured you all enjoy the unusual so have a ball figuring this one out. The number Ken wrote down off my DME is; 1744050. It doesn't resemble the usual DME numbers you need to have a chip made so i don't know what i was supposed to ask BMW what to give me with this number. I got the impression there is actual software a copy of which I'd be asking BMW to give me from the programming of my present chip which would then allow someone like Mark D or Turner's Team to program a new one but I'd like to avoid calling BMW with insufficient information so am i basically on the right track or am i all $@&%$ed up??
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

That is what I'm asking. When i had the car in to Turner Motorsport they came to me and said they didn't have the software for my chip.Ken, the guy who was helping me there wrote that number down i presume off the DME which he had in his hand when he came to explain why they were unable to make me a chip. I could only assume he knew what he was doing and saying but that is the number he told me i would need to get the info from BMW.Its a boggle to me.

The "SKU" number from the packaging?
    Spasso
    530iT, 525 5-speed , 328is.

Default Take a look at TSB 12 07 95 4273

Here's part of it. Your number doesn't seem so unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Last edited by Bill R.; 11-03-2007 at 11:01 AM.

There it is , basic part number... wonder why Turner couldn't get prorgamming for this. Can i just call BMWUSA and ask if they can email me the software that i could burn to a CD and bring it to Turner?