Hey Everybody,

I've got some questions about the different wheel sizes that I wanted to throw out. So before I list the questions, let me give some background on my driving habits.

Most of my driving is within city limits, with the exception of a once weekly 60 mile trip to Pilot Mountain, NC. During the trip to Pilot Mountain I may reach speeds of 80mph (to keep up with traffic), but normally I'm 5 over the limit; mostly around 50mph. I don't autocross and I haven't done a driving school (although it's on the list) and I don't antcipate extensive tracking of the car.
Right now I'm running 225/60/15's on a set of ARE style 5 wannbes (thought I was buying 15" style 5's, oh well). I do plan on refreshing the suspension in Jan or Feb and possibly lowering it with either the Sachs kit or Koni's and Eibach's. I don't want my 5'er to ride like a luxobarge, nor do I want my teeth chattering with every drive (the cooper/s ride is about my comfort point).

My main question are:
-Is a plus one or plus two upgrade worth it?
-Will the gains be merely visual?
-Are there be negative effects (other than ride quality and tire cost) if I end with my favorite wheels (Rondell 58's 17x8.5 and 17x10)?
-Given tire cost and loss of ride quality, is a 16" wheel the way to go, and why?

TIA!
-ashley