GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: budget tyres

Default budget tyres

which are the cheapest tyres to go for on my 525i 1991 standard 15" alloys i need 4 so can not afford a lot!!

retreads, just try not to drive over 30mph
    11/88 535iA

can anyone actually help/

try nankangs , i've got two on the rear of my 525, they're directional and i think they go for about £45 a piece

Most aircraft types are retreads! For example, see http://www.retreaders.org.uk/faq.htm

Having said that, none of my tyres is a retread.

Quote Originally Posted by innes
    which are the cheapest tyres to go for on my 525i 1991 standard 15" alloys i need 4 so can not afford a lot!!
    You bought a BMW, live in one of the wettest places in the world and want to buy shitty budget fukkken NanYangs? No wonder all the British cars break down.

Man, save up and get something half decent. One secret is to buy non-brand Japanese made tyres at a minimum. BUT anything Michelin is a world ahead. Or buy a chinese tyre and wonder why nothing goes right after that... these are just plain **** even when you fit them on wheel-barrows and billy carts.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

To quote another member, "Buy tires you can't afford."

You don't have to buy the most expensive, but the difference between something decent and going cheap could save your life or someone else's.

Cheap tires are no bargain.

not every body can afford mich's or contis or bstones, the nankangs that are on my car were already on it when i bought it, personally i'm not one for buying cheap tyres, at the end of the day you get what you pay for, i'm lucky enough to have contacts in the tyre trade so i can get them pretty much at cost price anyway

I've had very good experiences with Kumho (South Korea). I have used the ASX. I'll buy them again and they're $75ish each from tire rack for the 225x16's. The sidewall could be stiffer (my michelins were no better in that regard), and the wear isn't what they claim (but who's is on a 540, with the horsepower, camber, and toe of these vehicles), but I got 2 years and about 30k miles before they became too worn.

I don't drive hard though.

just my $.02
    o/______\o
    (Oo=00=oO)
    []=****=[]

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    You bought a BMW, live in one of the wettest places in the world and want to buy shitty budget fukkken NanYangs? No wonder all the British cars break down.

Man, save up and get something half decent. One secret is to buy non-brand Japanese made tyres at a minimum. BUT anything Michelin is a world ahead. Or buy a chinese tyre and wonder why nothing goes right after that... these are just plain **** even when you fit them on wheel-barrows and billy carts.
    Don't know if you have been to the UK. I doubt it or you would not have made the remarks you did. No I don't live there. But you will be very impressed with the overall general road worthiness of the cars on the road in that country. It says lot of the MOT program they have, whatever that is. The cars on the roads in the UK are certainly in better shape than many clunkers on this side of the pond which has 50 different vehicle inspection programs in varying degree of stringency.
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast