GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Hello all

Default Hello all

Hello, just wanted to say hi and introduce my self i am a owner of a 540i 6speed with a nikasil block with 154000 miles runs good I am going to be doing a oil change and going to drop the pan to see about the oil pump bolts and tighten up the chain. any thing else i should look in to ?

Welcome, you are in the right place.
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

while you are messing around down there, if you so desire, so the engine mounts (its a total bitch), and maybe install a new 27mm whiteline swaybar! (its the ****!)
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Hello, Nikasil, hope it has not been trouble. Pics pics??

Welcome

95 540iA: Euro Clears & More Mods to Come Soon!
    Sacramento, CA USA

OH before i forget, when you are down there if you need to remove the pump, replace the o-rings on the pipes going from the pump to the engine, as well as the 2 nuts, the 1 bolt, and the big sprocket nut.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Welcome,

Good idea to check the oil pump bolts, its a simple job(make sure you pick up a new metal gasket).
    '94 540I 6spd/205000 miles

Default oil pump check

Mine were lightly snug, but definitely not like they should have been. When I put mine back together I used a "cheater strip" of red high temp loctite. By this I mean to apply the loctite to only a small portion, just to the upper quarter of the threads closest to you. Also lay a light seam on the side where the body of the nut and stud meet. Reason being, this is more than adequate to keep everything in place, but you'll actually be able to break things loose again, if need be. Last before you do this, make sure you've got the desired slack/tension in the chain, by actually snugging down the attachment bolts/nuts. This can really alter what you though you had.
    May the Schwarz be with you...

nikasil unite!
    let's see pics!
    [1994 530i/5-Speed]