• TCD Stage I Turbo

25 67.57%
  • (Erebuni) AC Schnitzer Body Kit

12 32.43%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ::.. Turbo or Skirts?

Default ::.. Turbo or Skirts?

Yay! Another poll!

So I'm getting married in a short 7 weeks. I have enough funds stashed away in my private cookie jar to get one of two things done... and probably only one ever. During the honeymoon, I will either leave the car for a TCD Stage I install or full respray and install of the ACS body kit (sans wing).

The pricing for both is roughly the same. If I get the kit installed, I might as well hold out for a respray, as the car has already been resprayed, and the last lazy ass just masked off the trim. Of course, this paint is now starting to chip, flake and generally fall off around all the edges. After another winter, I can't imagine what it will look like.

So, the choice is either a TCD Stage I, or full respray and install of the (Erebuni) ACS kit. I doubt I'll have cash or permission (mainly permission) to do the one I don't choose in the future.

Concerns:

1. Turbo - Servicing will get more complicated as I wouldn't trust my indy to go 10ft near that install afterwards. I'll have to source Bruno and my buddy to do any repairs or work with me. Ultimately the install of the turbo will see a full replacement of hoses, radiator, etc.

2. Respray - I won't be able to see much 'immediate' benefit, except for what should be a sick 'dropped' look overall. It will exaggerate the rake and look great. Of course, this respray will be European Autobody perfect... everything pulled off... sanded... all trim including grill replaced with new. The existing trim is either cracked, warped, rusted, or falling off. Of course, I do my best right now to 'fake' it looking good Maybe euro bumpers as well.

Ultimately, it's a choice between looking good and going fast in usual rush hour traffic... or going slow but looking great in pothole city.
    Last edited by Qube; 08-25-2006 at 04:35 PM.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

turbo everytime, i always put performance before looks, a pair of skirts ain't gonna make you go fast , a turbo on the otherhand will, and servicing won't be that different , if at all

Quote Originally Posted by nizmainiac
    turbo everytime, i always put performance before looks, a pair of skirts ain't gonna make you go fast , a turbo on the otherhand will
    If the kit and respray is done, the point isn't to go fast anymore Just look pretty and smile for the ladies
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

thats all well and good , but you need the go to back up the looks, looks tend to come last in my books, but then i am an ugly bastard

Default Better yet

Buy her a BMW

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

i beg to differ,kit and respray for me,qualified with that you intend to keep her
    Turbo would be nice....but lets face it day to day,price of gas etc aint a 535 fast enough........They can never look good enough
    Gone but not forgotten

don't they look good already though, i prefer the sleeper look, pretty much bog standard with a few subtle mods but with performance that kicks ass
    Last edited by nizmainiac; 08-25-2006 at 04:56 PM.

Im with paul, go the kit and respray, its going to look nicer, stay looking nicer for longer, and your going be get a big smile everytime you walk up to the car.
    Turbo is just a long future of increased repair costs and reduced engine life.
    Depends if you wanna go faster, a 535 is pretty fast for me

Other option (what id do), get the turbo, wait 6 months, and start whining about the paint and trim on your car, even start rubbing it down yourself, and then tell your wife that its too hard and you've ruined your car and need a proper job done. Beg.

Both are then done
    11/88 535iA

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    If the kit and respray is done, the point isn't to go fast anymore Just look pretty and smile for the ladies

you mean smile for the lady . she'd whoop your ass for taking your car out and showing it off to the single ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Turbo More go- Show later.
    Ted K
    90 535 5-speed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast