GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Lucky Lucky

Default Lucky Lucky Lucky

Dear All,

I have been a fan of Bimmers for some time now, ever since my dad bought a 1983 735i. Unfortunately, it is not until recently that I have been able to afford the HUGE insurance bills associated with these monsters.

My first Bimmer was a 1983 320i - completely stock. It has given me 6 months of trouble free motoring - that was until last month when I blew a hole in the top of the radiator whilst driving (or rather 'drifting') around a local car-park.

So I took this as an opportunity to get myself a new bimmer - something with a bit more 'poke' - and look what I bought off ebay!

Its a 1989 BMW 535i SE (manual). Fitted with the M5 bodykit. It has also had full M-Tech suspension fitted, 17" MOMO Arrow Alloy Wheels with Bridgestone Potenza 245/45/17 tyres, M-Tech differential (essential for drifting), K&N induction kit, 'Superchips' Chip, Full stainless steel exhaust, including manifold. Cross-drilled, vented discs ALL-ROUND, with EBC greenstuff pads.

And the best part was - I paid less than £1000 for this monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is truly a Monster of a BMW. The exhaust gives a nice deep throaty ROAR as I accelerate to 160mph+.

Although the sppedo stops at 160, I still had 2,000 RPM before I entered the red line, and I took it to the red-line, I estimate my speed at approx 175mph.

My friend has a BRAND NEW Subaru Impreza (2006 model) - he was pig-sick when I caned his arse on the M25 on the way back from buying the car (new Scoobies are limited to 145mph - lol)

In short, this is an absolute MONSTER of a car - I am now looking for the same engine to put in my E30 2-door bodyshell. If the E34, with full leather, climate control, power steering etc is this fast - imagine what the M30 3.5 engine will be like in a 2-door E30, once I have removed the Power Steering and air-con!!!!!

Damn I love BMW.

Kind regards

Flamincow

drive a 540.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamin'Cow
    imagine what the M30 3.5 engine will be like in a 2-door E30, once I have removed the Power Steering and air-con!!!!!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Looks nice but the wheels throw it off to me. And the giant sticker in the window....

I never noticed how the older e34's had the longer (higher) headrests.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Default They don''t have longer headrests, that one has the

sportseats which have the headrest like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    Looks nice but the wheels throw it off to me. And the giant sticker in the window....

I never noticed how the older e34's had the longer (higher) headrests.

please dont destroy this beauty by "drifting" it...thats not what it was meant for, period. You will have more fun drifting in a 240sx or something of the sort...

175mph in a £1000 BMW...im confused
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Please don't brag about your drifting on this forum. It upsets us old farts. Very nice car though. Congrats.

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

that is the "sports" spec.You have a very nice car there,look after it and build your self another car to thrash.
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    drive a 540.

or this "318" that would rock your world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

So he floored it once, so what? It's a new used car, what's the big deal...he's european?

You guys need to look up drifting---Formula D is a sport, and street drifting is not taking a car up to the top, one time. Haven't you guys ever seen the fast and the furious before, or ricers on a saturday night, etc.---GEEZ, so conservative---It's a BMW

Nice car dude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast