GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: upper radiator hose on M60

Default upper radiator hose on M60

Mine sprung a leak a few days ago. I've got the part being overnighted and should be here tomorrow. It appears the fan has slowly been chewing away at the hose and finally created a leak. At least it was discovered in my driveway, after some very hot stop/go traffic.

Where/what will I have to drain my coolant from to get the level of the system down enough to replace the hose? I used some duck tape to slow the leak as a temporary fix. Radiator is pretty new so that does not need replacment.

Also whats the best way to clean the leaked coolant off the engine bay? It was pissing into the fan through a pin hole and is all over the front end. Can I just hose it down or is there anything I should be careful with? I'll do a search just figured I'd ask here too...

drain the water from the radiator plug on the bottom, you might be able to reach down from under the hood, if not pull the splash shield underneath.

search on cleaning the engine bay, lots of reasons not to use high pressure.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy