GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Foggy Instrument Cluster

Default Foggy Instrument Cluster

My instrument cluster has been like this since the car was purchased. Not sure how/why it would get like this, but wondering if any one out there has had a similar problem or knows of a fix.

Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Are all of your vents working? Maybe the far left vent has been blowing behind it somehow. Sounds like a dumb guess. Bet it sucks driving at night huh?
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    Are all of your vents working? Maybe the far left vent has been blowing behind it somehow. Sounds like a dumb guess. Bet it sucks driving at night huh?
    Yea, actually, its not too noticeable at night. This picture makes it look worse than it is, but it is there nontheless. It's always there too. I could understand that if I turned on AC or Heat, it would come/go, but that fog is just stubborn!
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Have you tried taking it out and cleaning it, then close it up again and replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    Have you tried taking it out and cleaning it, then close it up again and replace it?
    Nope... Sure haven't. Last time the steering wheel was removed, "clock spring" went bad, causing horn to go out (done at shop). They ended up charging me somwhere around $120 to replace spring and such. I do have one bulb starting to go out, maybe i'll give it a shot, and attempt to clean.

From my past experience though, isn't the clear part glued to the rest of the cluster? Do they actually seperate?

Just take it apart and clean it.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Yes you can seperate them.

If the plastic lens is F'ed up try some of the stuff for cleaning plastic convertible windows. I screwed up some clear plastic with too strong a cleaner and the Meguires stuff saved me.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"