GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MB Tops BMW.....

Default MB Tops BMW.....

In horrible design that is, the new S Class is uglier than anything BMW offers.... that ass is like that old Lincoln Mark VII or whateva...
    Current
    2008 M5 6 Spd
    2000 Z3 2.8 5 Spd MSport
    2012 X5 35d Sport
    1995 540i 6 Spd
    1992 535i 5 Spd

Former
    1995 530iA
    1986 635CSI 5 Spd
    2011 X3 2.8 MSport

it is very ugly..... untill you get inside, then its like, the prettiest car ever!
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

guy on my block just got one and I have seen quite a few in my area. I think they look great.

The older style, 1995 (same last year as the E34!!!) looked the best from the outside, had a much more aggressive look to it, like it wanted to murder you.

the new ones have those wavey light clusters, and they just dont look as cool.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

I would be pissed if I shelled out $600K for a Maybach, as the rear end of the new S-class is exactly the same as the Maybach in my eyes...I would rather have an S than a **** ass new 7, talk about ugly...then again, if I were in the market for a luxo-barge I would buy an A8/S8 or a Maserati Quattroporte, so I guess the point is moot regardless. BMW ruined the 7 with the Bangle styled bag o' dicks.

The MB dlr in my town also sells Maybach. I'm told they aren't selling well, perhaps because if you squint it looks like a big Hyundai.
    One of my favorite cars of all time I hated when I first saw, I don't think this will happen with the Bangle cars or the current MBs. The Q-ports only flaw is the rear lights that look as if they were lifted off some kids Honda.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by VentoGT
    I would be pissed if I shelled out $600K for a Maybach, as the rear end of the new S-class is exactly the same as the Maybach in my eyes...I would rather have an S than a **** ass new 7, talk about ugly...then again, if I were in the market for a luxo-barge I would buy an A8/S8 or a Maserati Quattroporte, so I guess the point is moot regardless. BMW ruined the 7 with the Bangle styled bag o' dicks.
    Would never buy a Quattroporte... grandfather had one for a while. It was at Maserati/Ferrari of Washington, D.C. over 90% of the time. I'd take a shiny new 7 over that any day Now, as far as the A8..............

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana19
    Would never buy a Quattroporte... grandfather had one for a while. It was at Maserati/Ferrari of Washington, D.C. over 90% of the time. I'd take a shiny new 7 over that any day Now, as far as the A8..............
    A8 is by far the most beautiful car all around in it's class. There's nothing that I don't like about that car

Default I think we are forgetting a luxury contender . . .

How about the Volkswagen Phaeton? TDI??

Just kidding.

The 470 hp Cadillac STS-V is a decent option for power, that is until Caddy makes a rear wheel drive DTS-V.
    Job 14:1 Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble.
    az

True enough, the car [Quattroporte] may not be reliable...I have never driven one but I do like the way it looks. Styling is one of the best reasons to buy a car if it's backed up with proper engineering and offers a fun drive. I just mean that styling is a subjective thing, but man that 7er is soooo ugly in my opinion. I guess if the e38 hadn't looked so fantastic it would be easier to accept the new 7, but who knows?? The new 7 is outselling the old one so apparently enough people like them to plunk down some money.

The most interesting thing will be to see some of these newer techno-wizard cars after a few years. Who will want to pay a mechanic [will there be any with access to the tools besides the dealer?] $2,500 to trace a problem with the aircon because of labor cost due to complexity?

I fear that most of these newer cars will go straight to the junkyard after they get close to 100K miles as they will become so expensive to service that no one will want to deal with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast