GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: a little custom fabrication

Default a little custom fabrication

i had some starter trouble a couple days ago, because of the starter solenoid disengaging. it turned out to be a burnt contact (between the big+wire that goes to the motor to the little one on the solenoid , that litle piece of metal).
    So, while having the starter off i decided to open it up and check. To my surprise i found lots and lots of little plactic pieces that came from the part that covers the 3 small toothed weels (pic). I had it done from bronze,including bronze sleeving of the holes that hold the 3 small axels. I guess it won't die again The only plactic part remains the fork that the solenoid pulls on. If anybody is intrested in the AutoCAD drawings for it, let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by skr
    i had some starter trouble a couple days ago, because of the starter solenoid disengaging. it turned out to be a burnt contact (between the big+wire that goes to the motor to the little one on the solenoid , that litle piece of metal).
    So, while having the starter off i decided to open it up and check. To my surprise i found lots and lots of little plactic pieces that came from the part that covers the 3 small toothed weels (pic). I had it done from bronze,including bronze sleeving of the holes that hold the 3 small axels. I guess it won't die again The only plactic part remains the fork that the solenoid pulls on. If anybody is intrested in the AutoCAD drawings for it, let me know.
    Hey skr, very, very neat fix. I'd love to know, the starter motor is on my list and they are pretty much common on L6s I think... was it hard to lathe the new part up? 2 pieces? I'd love your .dwgs. My email address is on my profile... MTIA

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!