GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 91 525i E34 PARTING OUT

Default 91 525i E34 PARTING OUT

Hey Guys...Im sorry if this might not be the proper area of the forum for Posting this question. BUT...My the transmission in my Beloved Maroon 91 525i was just read its last rights yesterday afternoon. The price quotes I'm afraid are just Too High for me to consider Throwing into this car as I Just need to get a newer vehicle for my Transportation...ok QUESTION BEING!!!..I Figure I would be better to part out the car on Ebay or on this site as opposed to trying to sell it as is with bad tranny. More money at the bottom line../..How Would I Go about this?...I Mean other than the obvious, taking it apart and listing all the stuff....is there an existing forum that may describe tactics?..where to begin?...I appreciate any help you guys may offer...Oh and By the way./...Im looking at a sweet 2004 330i color of black as my new ride..;-).....

Quote Originally Posted by GAGE308
    Hey Guys...Im sorry if this might not be the proper area of the forum for Posting this question. BUT...My the transmission in my Beloved Maroon 91 525i was just read its last rights yesterday afternoon. The price quotes I'm afraid are just Too High for me to consider Throwing into this car as I Just need to get a newer vehicle for my Transportation...ok QUESTION BEING!!!..I Figure I would be better to part out the car on Ebay or on this site as opposed to trying to sell it as is with bad tranny. More money at the bottom line../..How Would I Go about this?...I Mean other than the obvious, taking it apart and listing all the stuff....is there an existing forum that may describe tactics?..where to begin?...I appreciate any help you guys may offer...Oh and By the way./...Im looking at a sweet 2004 330i color of black as my new ride..;-).....
    I wish I could assist, but I'm just subscribing since I own a 1991 525i w/ M50. Looking forward to the parts list.

I need the panel on the roof where the sunroof button is. Hopefully you had a tan interior, but if not, I'm not complaining. I just hate that panel dropping on my face while driving.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

What color was the car and where are you located and hows the rust on the body?
    Current
    2008 M5 6 Spd
    2000 Z3 2.8 5 Spd MSport
    2012 X5 35d Sport
    1995 540i 6 Spd
    1992 535i 5 Spd

Former
    1995 530iA
    1986 635CSI 5 Spd
    2011 X3 2.8 MSport

Is it Tan interior?

if the L&R seat armrest is in good condidtion.. I would like them.. I need the mounts too.
    95 M-sport SOLD now NSX

Default Double sided tape will hold it in place...

Quote Originally Posted by SC David
    I need the panel on the roof where the sunroof button is. Hopefully you had a tan interior, but if not, I'm not complaining. I just hate that panel dropping on my face while driving.
    ...its been holding mine in place for 10 years.
    regards
    Phil

A used tranny isn't so expensive. It would certainly cost a fraction of what you'll spend buying/leasing that 330i. You sure you're doing the right thing?

To each his own, I suppose.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

calypsorot metallic!? if so i want you doors if they have no rust!