GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fog light lens

Default Fog light lens

Does anyone have a foglight lens lying around that they would like to get rid of? I just noticed a 1/2" hole in my left side lens and it's cracked all the way across. Only thing available from BMA is the whole assembly for around $80. Just need lens, bulb still works. Will pay for shipping and $20 for the lens if anyone has one to spare.
    Thanks.

I have one if you'd like it, almost looks brand new. pm me and we can work something out

Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    Does anyone have a foglight lens lying around that they would like to get rid of? I just noticed a 1/2" hole in my left side lens and it's cracked all the way across. Only thing available from BMA is the whole assembly for around $80. Just need lens, bulb still works. Will pay for shipping and $20 for the lens if anyone has one to spare.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    I have one if you'd like it, almost looks brand new. pm me and we can work something out
    Thanks, sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    Patrick,

Received it yesterday, put in today. Like new as you said, and a perfect match. Now my other one looks old...

Thanks for your help, this board is the BEST!!

KenB

I bought some new lenses only for 1989 e34 fog light at AZ autohaus about a month ago. My recollection was $49 for the lense only. Now if I only could find some inexpensive acrylic covers for those front lights so they do not get cracked in the first place.

www.lamin-x.com
    You might as well get some for the headlights, too. They'll send you a set if you want - Iv'e had mine on the car for a long time and I'm liking them.

anyone got any colored covers on their lights like the one's from mikell's link. Looks like they would look cool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    Thanks.
    Did you get a read out on the console about Foglamp alerting you to the issue? I had a cracked Foglamp lense of which i was unaware and at ignition ,Foglamp was displayed on the console. Replaced the lamp no more alert. Do they have some kind of sensor that monitors the interiour of the lamp so that when it is breached you are alerted or was this just an odd coincidence?
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

I did not get an alert, but the bulb was OK and still working. I noticed the hole in the glass soon enough to stop using the fogs before water got into the housing while the bulb was lit, I'm sure that would have done in the bulb.

I think the lamp is monitored the same as the other lighting circuits. When the system detects a change in the load on the circuit because of a burned out bulb, it sends and alert. I have seen an alert when I had a brake light bulb burn out. When I bought the car it had both highbeam lenses cracked and with small holes from stones hitting them, both bulbs still lit but no alert.

Default Acrylic Fog Lens replacement

I picked up just the lens from:
    www.mrlens.co.za
    part number MRL5E34F

Or you can try:
    www.bmwlight.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast